X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cordless square drive ratchet

Cordless square drive ratchet does anyone make this?? Preferably one that locks-up when it is actuated

Off the top of my head, Ridgid, DeWalt, Makita all have cordless ratchets. I'm sure there are more.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Lorax
      "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

I guess I am refering to a replacement to an air ratchet, not a driver. I don't think ridgid or dewalt make this. makita makes one, but it is old style and underpowered.

Comment

Craftsman used to carry cordless ratchets. I had a 1/4" that I used for years.
          info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

RIDGID MAKES A CORDLESS 1/4'' HEX RATCHET. IT CAME OUT THE SAME TIME AS THEIR CORDLESS IMPACT WRENCH. MODEL #R82233 RIGHT ANGLE IMPACT DRIVER. 700 INCH POUNDS. ALMOST THE SAME AS AN AIR RATCHET. IT DOES IMPACT WHEN IT IS TORQUEING TO TIGHTEN OR LOOSEN A FASTNER. OTHERWISE IT WILL SPIN AT A HIGHER SPEED. EXPECT A PRICE DROP AS IT'S NOT A BIG SELLER.

Comment

I have seen the ridgid 1/4" hex angle driver. And I will probably get it if I can't find a 3/8" square drive. Thanks for the posts!!

Comment

WELL JUST AS I THOUGHT. AT HOME DEPOT TONIGHT. THIS DRIVER WAS REDUCED FROM $169 DOWN TO $99.
                DIDN'T BUY ONE, I BOUGHT TWO. 700 INCH POUNDS OF TORQUE. VARIABLE SPEED PADDLE SWITCH. 12 VOLT WITH 20 MINUTE CHARGER.

Comment

The best 'cordless' square drive ratchet I have found over the years is the old basic ratchet made by Craftsman, Mac, Snap-On or the other major brands. They are available in ¼", 3/8", ½" and bigger drives and accept standard or deep well sockets. Most of the major companies offer a lifetime warranty on the ratchets.

gator

Comment

Working...
                  X