X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Down And Curious

I had purchased a RIDGID 18V 4 piece kit back in November of 2003 and been quite happy with its performance (other than what seems to be poor battery life). About 1 month ago the Drill got "stuck" in hammerdrill mode no matter which setting was selected. I was mildly irritated as I really hadn't pushed the drill hard at all but had heard good things about RIDGID service and figured not a big deal to get it fixed or swapped or something.

It was returned to Home Depot here in Edmonton and all I walked out with that day was a number to call in 4 weeks or less if they hadn't called me as it was past the home depot 30 day warantee and RIDGID's 90 Days (by 2 weeks or so).

So in the mean time I'm out a drill and waiting 4 weeks for repairs.

3 and a half weeks after taking it back I get a message from Home Depot stating that the drill will not be fixed for at least 2 more weeks as parts were needed to be ordered.

I realize this is not only a RIDGID issue but am curious if I should be expecting more? By the time the drill is returned to me it will no doubt be 5-6 weeks or more from inital return date and this is a tool that is required on a daily basis.

Just looking for input so thanks for anything offered.

Get my wife to talk to them. She'll nag them into submission and they'll probably give you any three tools free just to make her go away.

Comment

LOL!!!
      D.M.

Comment

the simple answer is this:

make them pay for their poor service by abusing their 30 day return policy. If they can't replace your drill or give you a loaner while it's out for repair for a ridiculously long time - to me, anything over a week is too long - BUY a new one and return it on day 29.

I need my drill to make a living. That's why I buy a $400 drill instead of a $50 drill. Manufacturers should realize this.

Comment

Well I thought about the whole 30 day purchase and return route but just can't do that.
          Very true about the $400 versus $50 but I guess I'm just to much of a pushover i guess. If it goes much longer I will have to think about the options again though.

Thanks for input

Comment

Well, maybe I'm just lucky, but never had a relatively new tool break down on me. I've had tools go south after a couple of years----IMO---just not meant to stand up to much use.

Frankly, in your case, I don't think I'd be as made at the slow repair as I would be that I needed the repair in the first place.
            Dave

Comment

Working...
            X