Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a Cordless Impact Wrench have enough torque?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does a Cordless Impact Wrench have enough torque?

Hey guys!

I was out wrenching in the cold the other day, and decided a cordless impact wrench might be a good idea. I have a good pneumatic one, but I need a cordless for mounting and dismounting wheels away from power/air. I need enough bal...errr, I mean guts to change all 4 wheels twice, torquing up at 100 ft/lbs on one charge. Probably a bit more to break the lugs loose.

Anyone ever use theirs for wheels? Wanna try it on your neighbor's car for me?

Thanks,
    Steve

[ 10-19-2004, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: smorris ]
    Steve
    www.MorrisGarage.com

Steve:

I have the DW059K-2 from DeWalt...it is a cordless 18v Impact Wrench. It produces 300 ft lbs of torque. It will have no problem doing what you need.

Comment

Thanks Bo,

Went to an autocross the other day, with temps in the low 40s and 20+ MPH wind. Fingers didn't seem to want to do what they were told!

I appreciate the input,
      Steve
      Steve
      www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

i have yet to find a cordless imact worth a ****! the milwaukee is around 250 bucks. if it is something you dont use often pick yourself up a chicago eletric from harbor freight for the 79 or 89 bucks and it will get the job done for you. i have afriend who builds decks and he was talking to me about a cordless impact. i lent him my snap-on (made i belive by black and decker which also makes dewalt). he got 3 or 4 bolts driven and he needed to recharge. he bought the chicago elecriic and for the 20 or 30 bolts he drives he is more than happy. he boughgt his a few years back and i think it as 69 bucks

ed
        \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Bosch makes a phenominal cordless impact wrench. I install commercial garge doors and use mine to drive the lag bolts to secure the vertical tracks and have no problem driving 30-40 lags on one battery.
          Thanks,<br /><br />W. Blake<br /><br />FLATHEADFOOS.COM

Comment

Wow thats cool The Bosch, is a quality impact. For as much as i use an impact now, I cut the female end off of a craftsman 3/8's extension, flattened a few sides on the bench grinder and lock it into my milwaukee 1/2" hammer drill. sometimes i have to predrill, which is fine....but this works great for now. out of curiosity how much was your bosch?
            \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Originally posted by spacebluesonoma:
              i have yet to find a cordless imact worth a ****! the milwaukee is around 250 bucks. if it is something you dont use often pick yourself up a chicago eletric from harbor freight for the 79 or 89 bucks and it will get the job done for you. i have afriend who builds decks and he was talking to me about a cordless impact. i lent him my snap-on (made i belive by black and decker which also makes dewalt). he got 3 or 4 bolts driven and he needed to recharge. he bought the chicago elecriic and for the 20 or 30 bolts he drives he is more than happy. he boughgt his a few years back and i think it as 69 bucks

ed
              Wow, I didn't know Black & Decker made DeWalt...

But yeah, on my prelude message board, there's someone on there who uses the chicago electric cordless impact. It's like $120 on Harbor Freight, about 210 or 240 ft-lbs, and he uses it at his autocrosses to change wheels really quick. He loves it.

Comment

Well this should really freak you out then..
                B&D also owns Delta, Porter-Cable, DeVilbiss Air Power, and Oldham Saw

Comment

wbrooks,
                  You forgot about EMGLO, Weiser Lock and Price Pfister faucets as well !
                  Look Out... for the big orange and black machine!

Comment

Working...
                  X