X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut Out Tools.....

Just curious as to the cutout tools as the DEWALT, Roto Zip and such are for finer wood working. Are these good tools for cutting 3/4 stock and doing scrolling work?

Thanks,
    Corey
    \"If it ain\'t broke, you just aren\'t trying hard enough!\"

They're great for cutting out electrical outlet holes in drywall. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I rate my RotoZip near the very top of my "Why Did I Buy That" list.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

What Badger Dave said----and-----where did you ever get the idea these tools were for "finer woodworking"? What, specifically, do you want to do? There are many tools better suited to various tasks than these. Scroll work----scroll saw.
      Dave

Comment

Thanks guys. Well, I saw an add on tv with these being used to scroll with. I have a Delta scroll saw, however, I thought it might come in handy for large scroll work like a head board or something. Just one of those tools that momentarily was barking out at me. I have a good jig saw, guess that should do well for my large scroll work.

Corey
        \"If it ain\'t broke, you just aren\'t trying hard enough!\"

Comment

I like my Craftsman, wouldn't go back. Of course, that is with the sander, which I use a lot. I like it to do scroll work in 3/4 lumber. Just be careful, sometimes they have a mind of their own, and want to go in the opposite direction of what you were expecting very suddenly.
          <a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/buctooth\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/buctooth</a><br />Please tell us how you like the site, even if you hate it. If you want, feel free to visit the forum.

Comment

Working...
          X