Benchtop Jointers.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benchtop Jointers.....

I am just curious if there are any decent benchtop jointers available. I know I had a Craftsman benchtop about 10 years ago that was absolutely worthless. I want something that I can use in squareing up stock for small panels.

Thanks,
    Corey
    \"If it ain\'t broke, you just aren\'t trying hard enough!\"

It's really a matter of opinion. Many folks feel they're limiting and loud. Other's find them worth the price and like the size. I recently read about a guy who like the Tradesman b/c it has cast metal tables. If cost is the limiting factor, you might be better off with the Harbor Freight stationary jointer for roughly the same price or just a bit more.

Comment

Thanks for the response. Anyone use the Delta Benchtop sucessfully? On another forum a guy uses it for up to 6 foot boards but fence was a booger to adjust, but works well. It isn't really a matter of money. It they made a great benchtop that was worth $400.00 I would probably buy it just to save space.

Thanks,
      Corey

Comment

Corey, I have the Delta 6" benchtop and it does a great job. I rarely use boards over 4-5' in length but have no problems. I use it a lot for panel boards. Not sure of the cost, I bought mine used for $50
        info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Thanks guys, the Delta does sound like a viable option for small to medium stock. Primary use will be fore squaring small stock for boxes, clock cases and small panels. This should do the trick at 200.00 new from what I have seen.

Corey

Comment

Hay, Corey, let me know how you make out with the Delta table top - I too am very interested in a quality product that will save space - price is not an issue - I just have so much I can fit into my garage.

Comment

I read some reviews on this on epinions.com and the people that had it hated it. They said it was a worthless piece of crap. Go read it on epinions. I'm not sure how valid their opinion is, but if you buy it, please let us know. I'm very limited on space right now and I'm contemplating getting that, or just using my router. However, the router should only work for edge-jointing, and I wanted the faces to be jointed as well. I guess my other option was to spend about $120 on a Stanley jointer plane...

Comment

Heard good stuff about the Delta Benchtop, and personally like it. There are probably better options in the stationary world as far quality, but I would say that that would be a good choice.
                <a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/buctooth\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/buctooth</a><br />Please tell us how you like the site, even if you hate it. If you want, feel free to visit the forum.

Comment

Working...
                X