X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Router help!

I'm still fairly new to the realm of wood routers, especially when it comes to various jigs. I was just wondering if anyone could point out some good reading material or websites that would help. Thanks a lot!
    You can\'t make footprints in the sands of time by sitting on your butt, and who wants to make butt prints in the sands of time.

This is the most complete book I have ever read on the subject. Woodworking with the router
    It tells you everything you'll ever need to know about routers, bit, jigs, techniques... Include plans on building several router tables, a routing bench, bases, and jigs. This book is gold!
    www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Here's a start, http://www.patwarner.com and http://www.woodworkersbookclub.com
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I second Rafael’s suggestion, it is an excellent book that you’ll most likely refer to many times.

Woodslayer

Comment

There is a free downloadable pdf from the MLCS site that is quite informative. I think it's about 20 pages and it covers the various types of router bits and how to use them.

Comment

www.woodworkersbookclub.com

You get 3 free books with the purchase of one for 9.99. Prepay, no shipping (credit card) No obligation to buy more, ever. Though I doubt you will NOT want to order more once you see the selection!

No matter if it's routers, table saws, band saws, scroll saws, jigs, shop tips, setting up a shop, dust collecting, or what ever. The list goes on and on. You'll find ever need you could want. Reasonable, and you get points from regular purchase you can use towards FREE books.

As far as reading, informational illustrations go, this is the best deal I have found to date. Magazines offer a great deal of help, but is speratic on certain subjects. So I highly recommend "The Woodworkers Book Club" for anyone wanting to gain knowledge. Even if it's to sharpen chisels and plane irons!

Good Luck
            Woody
            John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Thanks for all the replys that helps a great deal!
              You can\'t make footprints in the sands of time by sitting on your butt, and who wants to make butt prints in the sands of time.

Comment

I liked this book:
                The New Router Handbook

I also like:
                Router Magic

But most of the jigs in "Router Magic" apply to plunge routers.

[ 03-29-2004, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: George ]

Comment

Working...
                X