Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet deal! I bought my kit last march and they let me register it for lifetime warranty. Can't beat that.

Comment

Hey, if you can get it, go for it. Do you think they'll keep this plan for a few years?
      <a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/buctooth\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/buctooth</a><br />Please tell us how you like the site, even if you hate it. If you want, feel free to visit the forum.

Comment

If anyone has a copy of the form that needs to be mailed in could they post it? I can't find it on the site and I'm nowhere near an HD at the moment.

I'm sure lots of people will love you for it.

Thanks!

Comment

Duckman, its all on-line. You do not need a paper form to fill out.

Lifetime Service Agreement Registration

Just go to www.ridgid.com, click support, then select product registration. Once you pick your power tool category you will create a new ID for yourself in an eBox. One of the boxes to check on the registration is to apply for the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement. That is all you have to do.

Comment

Sorry I was under the impression I needed to send in my upc and receipt as well. I bought the kit in March 2004 and can you believe it I still have the UPC.

Comment

You do need to fill out a fourm and send it along with the UPC code and receipt. Just bought a combo set and called and asked and was told you had to do it that way. They are mailing me the fourm since HD knew nothing about it and didnt have any at the store.
              Scott

Comment

Scott,

I called Ridgid customer support a couple of weeks ago and was told that you could just fill out the information online and then send a copy of the receipt and the original UPC from the product carton, along with your name, address, and product serial number and everything would be registered okay.

I also included the E-box information that identifies you when you register (just in case). You are right about HD, I have no idea when they will catch up on this.

CWS

[ 05-07-2005, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: CWSmith ]

Comment

I don't know why the stores in Cali don't have the info. We've had ours up for a few weeks now.
                  Jeff

Comment

Bought a 3pc 18V Cordless Combo Kit yesterday. Besides the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement, there is a Free 14.4 Impact Driver offer. The Home Depot salesperson said I could get both, but in reading the form both asks for original UPCs. Same rebate addy for both so do you think it will be OK to send both in the same envelope? Hope I don't get the free impact driver and lose out on the limited lifetime.

Comment

Melguy,

Check the address for each destination as they may very well be different. In which case, I'd call the customer service number given for the service agreement and ask them what they want you to do. I know for tools purchased prior to the April 15th introduction date, the UPC is NOT required for the service agreement registration. But check with customer support just to make sure. It's doubtful that Ridgid would want you to miss out on either deal.

CWS

[ 06-13-2005, 01:19 AM: Message edited by: CWSmith ]

Comment

Thanks CWSmith for your reply.

I called 1-866-539-1710, phone number on the Impact Driver Offer form, and found out that I can get both. Because it goes to the same addy, CSR said just send both forms in the same envelope and they will separate it there. I asked if one could be rejected if I do that and she said no because there are lots of submissions like that and they already know what to do. Great deal because it seems the impact driver comes with another battery. Maybe that could be covered under the lifetime guarantee too.

Comment

thers a 90 day warranty, theres a 3 years warranty and thers a limited lifetime warranty..(or was it a guarantee? or maybe an agreement?) sounds confusing..?? nah, we'll try to read it again..

Comment

Working...
                          X