X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bundled Combo Packs suck

I was a bit miffed when I went to purchase the R845 Circular Saw and was told it only came in the bundled combo kit with the drill and light. I already own a Rigid drill and wanted to use the same battery packs for the saw. Makes sense, right? Now I find Rigid won't sell just the saw alone. Home Depot tried to special order it for me and Rigid wouldn't do it.
    How's that for crumby customer care? I guess Rigid only wants to sell to first time buyers and doesn't want to build their franchise for the long haul.

I think in time you'll see this saw being offered for sale by itself. Maybe even the flashlight as time goes by. You have to keep in mind that the Ridgid line of power hand tools is only 9 months old and some growing pains are going to happen. Most tool manufacturers introduce new product all the time and Ridgid will be no exception. They have already added 3 models of air compressors in the last couple of months. I also think that you're mistaken if you think that Ridgid or any other company for that matter only wants to sell to first time buyers.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Well, that's possibly good news. Still, they could at least indicate an anticipated launch of the product by itself.
      I'll wait, but how long???

Comment

Check out ebay. There are people parting out combo kits. I've seen 2 go for less than $60 including shipping. I've been tempted to buy another one since it is a really nice saw. Heck the blade is worth $10.

I don't know where this stuff is coming from but as long as its not defective it doesn't matter to me. I bought a 12V compact drill on ebay which was advertised as new in box. I believe it was new since the plastic straps were intact. The product was in perfect condition and performed the same as one I bought new from HD. The date codes on the drill and batteries did not match though. It make you wonder if Ridgid is selling returned merchandise to wholesalers?

Comment

ByteB, I don't know about returned tools but you can find reconditioned Ridgid tools HERE.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Save yourself the grief and stick with corded saws. The only cordless tools worth having are drills, saws only eat battery packs.

Comment

Working...
            X