X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• band saw question

does the craftsman professional "universal band saw fence" fit the ridgid bs1400?
    \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

I don't have a Ridgid BS, but I think that the Craftsman fence might fit. The mount for the Craftsman fence is a couple of clamps which attach the fence rail to the table. I had this on my old Craftsman BS for a while but just recently replaced it with the FastTrack fence which I picked up at a somewhat local (30 miles distant)Woodcraft store. I had to modify the Fasttrack fence to be able to mount it on my 20 year old BS, but it works well. The biggest drawback for me on this BS is that the table slot to change the blade is on the front (that being where you would normally stand when operating the BS) and this is the same edge of the table where the fence mounts, so I have to remove the fence to change blades. If it were me (having tried both the above fences) I would choose the FastTrack even though it is double the price. One minus for the FastTrack is the fence is an L-shaped piece of extruded aluminum angle, not the usual retangular shape which is easier to clamp to.

Comment

Don't know about the craftsman fence but the fasttrack bolts right up took about 15 minuetes.
      I am having a problem getting it to stay vertical to the blade tho.

Comment

I haven't mounted a fence on mine as I'm planning to build an extended table and fence, but I believe the holes in sides of the table are threaded for 6mm bolts.

If I were going to buy a fence, I'd probably go for the FastTrack, it doesn't cost much more than others and a lot of retailers are offering it with the resaw guid for free. You can also add the microadjuster.

Comment

Originally posted by spacebluesonoma:
          does the craftsman professional "universal band saw fence" fit the ridgid bs1400?
          Did you ever get the craftsman fence and how did it work out?
          Bill K

Comment

Working...
          X