X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battery charger question.....

can any volt battery be charged in the ridgid battery chargers? (bought from HD). I have the dual charger that came with the 4 piece kit and a 12 volt drill I bought seperately. From the looks of things I think it is OK to charge the 18v or the 12 v on either the dual charger OR the charger that came with the drill. Both chargers are marked 12/14/18. Just curious as the instruction book for the 12v drill says "use only charger provided". I think they just don't want you cramming the battery in a different brand charger? Liability BS.........

Thanks,

Ron

The comment of use only the charger provided is so that one doesn't try to use another manufacturers charger to charge a RIDGID battery.

The answer to your question is YES. The RIDGID chargers, single and twin port, are designed to charge all RIDGID batteries. 12v 14.4v and 18v can be charged on the same charger without hurting the batteries or damaging the charger. The diagnostics inside the chargers can tell what battery voltage you have placed on the unit and charge it accordingly.

Comment

thanks.....

Comment

Working...
      X