X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments on Ridgid12v right angle driver

Does anybody have one? Likes dislikes? Thinking about getting one and would like to get some feedback prior to laying the $$ down..
    Thanks in advance.
    eliminate excuses and make things happen!

I was just thinking the same thing. The current price in my area is $129 down from $169 but I read that it was reduced to $99 a couple of months ago. Does anyone know if the price will drop again?

Comment

Funny, I was just talking to the local TTI guy at HD (Honolulu, HI) and he mentioned that the right angle 12V impact driver was only $129 everywhere else (apparently this store was the only one to have it up for the full $169) and that they were selling it as a combo with the 12V drill/driver. I was there yesterday and the price was down to $129 but didn't see anything regarding the combo (right angle impact + T-handle Drill/Driver). It would be a nice addition though. I bought the Ridgid 4pc. which is nice, but the drill's just too big for now (gonna be installing cabinets and a couple of built in bookshelves) which is why I've got the Makita 6932 impact driver (unbelievable tool!) that came with the free 6337 Drill body. 14.4V with a 1/2 inch chuck. Very cool although like I said, a 12V with that right angle impact would round that out pretty nicely.

Comment

I recently purchased the 12 Volt combo deal at HD for $129, I mainly purchased it to get the right angle impact driver, figured the drill would be a nice bonus. Haven't used it a bunch, but works well for getting into tight places, only one problem I have with: driver bits tend to have a slight wobble in the coupler design, this design does save time changing drivers, but I would've preferred a chucking mechanism over the coupler set up, just my opinion, but other than that works great, used it doing some cabinet revnovating and worked fine. As a side note the 12 volt drill is awesome, I love it for light jobs that don't require heavy drilling or driving. Overall a great package deal, i recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by living257:
          I recently purchased the 12 Volt combo deal at HD for $129, I mainly purchased it to get the right angle impact driver, figured the drill would be a nice bonus. Haven't used it a bunch, but works well for getting into tight places, only one problem I have with: driver bits tend to have a slight wobble in the coupler design, this design does save time changing drivers, but I would've preferred a chucking mechanism over the coupler set up, just my opinion, but other than that works great, used it doing some cabinet revnovating and worked fine. As a side note the 12 volt drill is awesome, I love it for light jobs that don't require heavy drilling or driving. Overall a great package deal, i recommend it.
          Where abouts do you live? I've checked the home depot by my house in southern california and they have just the angle driver for $129.00. You picked up the drill and angle driver for $129.00?

Comment

He is in South Carolina and I am in New Jersey...

Comment

I just bought this set at HD in Cupertino, CA. They had a stack of them on the floor, they weren't with the other cordless tools in the display.

Comment

I guess it's the luck of the draw, I've checked 3 different home depots in my area and none of them have the combo. Just the angle driver for 129.00

Comment

If you would like, I could pick one up for ya and mail it to you....Maybe someone in yoru area could do so as well....

Comment

Originally posted by living257:
                    I like a self eject style hex chuck,the type like most QD attachment chucks have, so I added a small tapered spring in the center,wedged in, on my Makita impacts, DeWalt screwdriver, and The Ridgid, and this will also take up the slack.
                    Now if I could figure out how to get those batt. to last longer, they are the worst I have ever used on life,good thing they have a lifetime warranty.
                    I was lucky to get the set,r900 for $129-10% couponin So Cal.

Comment

Thanks bryan c but it looks like andrew M picked one up in so cal. I just picked up the r82233 only this weekend but will probably return it and try to find the r900 instead.

Andrew M, which HD did you find the combo?

Comment

Working...
                      X