Ridgid String trimmer 18 volt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid String trimmer 18 volt

Any idea WHEN Ridgid will take their heads out of their rears and give us some more products?
    OR, make the AEG line, which is identical, available here in the States?
    Also, is the Milwaukee compatible with the Ridgid 18v batteries, as I've heard?

1. Probably never
    2. Probably never
    3. Nope
    "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" ? Bob D. 2006
    "?ǝɹɐ sɹǝƃuıɟ ɹnoʎ ǝɹǝɥʍ ʍouʞ noʎ op `ʍɐs ǝlqɐʇ ɐ s,ʇı"

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1p...qcZKHyrqKhikFA

----

Comment

Welcome to the Forum! Unfortunately, Ridgid, and. Milwaukee batteries are not interchangeable. I have been pleading with Ridgid to expand their line for many years with no success. There must be many Ridgid owners who would gladly buy more useful tools if they were offered! I finally invested in the Milwaukee M18 Fuel line, and. I am very happy .My cordless line trimmer is fantastic, no more pull cords, two cycle mix, or exhaust fumes! Instant start and stop , as well as long run times make weed wacking, and grass trimming a breeze. If you are willing to wait maybe years perhaps Ridgid will finally offer a wide range of cordless tools, I suggest you get the Milwaukee line trimmer with battery, and charger.

Comment

• Bob D.
        Bob D. commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't hold your breath, unless you want to get into the Guinness book of records. :-)

IF Ridgid released one I'd give it a look see. I have 3 gas powered weed whippers but wanted a battery operated one. I only have minimal brush of any kind to cut so basically just grass along my fences, etc. Checked out what was available, and the 20v Dewalt brushless trimmer/blower/battery was on sale for 199 so I went for it. It had one 4.0 battery so I picked up a 6.0 on fleabay for 58 bucks as well. The Dewalt is definitely lacking power compared to gas and the variable speed trigger is touchy, but it has more than enough power for my requirements and not yanking a pull starter is sweet. Was gonna add the hedge trimmer but when I went to get that the 56v Ego was on sale with battery and charger for less than the Dewalt bare tool so I got that. It's a great tool. So, after being deeply invested in Ridgid's 18v line I ended up adding 2 more battery types for some yard tools. Inconvenient, yes, but the 6.0 battery in the trimmer lasts for 3 weekly trim jobs, and the Ego hedge trimmer will trim all of my bushes, etc and still have plenty of battery left so at least I don't have any need for extra "other" batteries.
      You only live once, so play with your tool often.

Comment

If I had known I would have said get the EGO auto-loading trimmer. I don't have one (yet) but I've heard good reports on it. I do have their 21" self-propelled mower, the chainsaw, leaf blower, and the hedge trimmer. They've all been great. I have a nearly new Stihl leaf blower that now collects dust and a Stihl 16" chainsaw I rarely use anymore as the battery tools as just so convenient. No gas/oil mix to mess with, no waiting to put a hot tool away when the job is done, stick it in the back seat of the car, not a problem since there is no fuel and no fumes to worry about. End of the season just pull the battery and wipe it down, you're done till Spring. Actually this weekend HD had a sale on the hedge trimmer and leaf blower pair. Or maybe it was the trimmer and leaf blower, but I remember seeing the display just didn't pay full attention since I wasn't in the market. I do wish the EGO trimmer was like the Stihl Kombimotor or the Ryobi Expandit system and could use multiple attachments. That's the only thing stopping me from getting their trimmer. I have the Ryobi 40v system and that has been great for the past 5 years, and there is nothing wrong with it now. I would just like to get to one battery platform for yard tools. But for now I have deal with the Ryobi 40v and the EGO 56v. Ryobi 40v would be my 2nd choice after the EGO if I was buying a system today and know what I know now after years of using both.
        Last edited by Bob D.; 05-28-2021, 06:15 AM.
        "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" ? Bob D. 2006
        "?ǝɹɐ sɹǝƃuıɟ ɹnoʎ ǝɹǝɥʍ ʍouʞ noʎ op `ʍɐs ǝlqɐʇ ɐ s,ʇı"

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1p...qcZKHyrqKhikFA

----

Comment

• tantor
          tantor commented
          Editing a comment
          I also have the Ryobi 40V trimmer and I also have a pushmower. The trimmer works great, wouldn't trade it for anything but the mower seems underpowered. But I didn't buy it to mow my yard, just to trim around stuff and because it was cheap and had 2 batteries that work on my trimmer.

Bob, my Milwaukee 18 volt trimmer is great, blower is fine for blowing down garage, driveway, and walkway, but no match for gas backpack. When I'm ready, their chainsaw, and hedge trimmer will satisfy my needs, and without having to maintain yet another battery platform. Still can't figure out the folks at Ridgid, these lawn tools would fly off the shelves, without the LSA.

Comment

Yes the 8V Brushless Line Trimmer Skin Whipper Snipper Cordless available on ebay and google searches of video shows an impressive 18V Ridgid battery compatible trimmer. Why has Ridgid not offered yet in the United States ?

Comment

Found an AEG (Ridgid) 18V line trimmer in Austrailia. P/N ALT18B. Question: Since Ridgid can't/won't release one is USA, does anyone know if USA Ridgid batteries will fit and run in this unit? I would hate to buy yet another charging system. Snap-On and Ridgid is enough for my shop. All input appreciated!

Comment

If only TTI made yard tools... oh wait they do! Just not for us on this side of the pond...

Comment

Originally posted by 2hero View Post
                Yes the 8V Brushless Line Trimmer Skin Whipper Snipper Cordless available on ebay and google searches of video shows an impressive 18V Ridgid battery compatible trimmer. Why has Ridgid not offered yet in the United States ?
                Yeah, I also checked these batteries on eBay. I am also wondering why this can't be available in the USA. Newport Beach Concrete And Masonry

Comment

Google how to make a convertor from a Ridgid USB power source. There is probably a video on you tube.
                  I know with 100% certainty there is for the older Milwaukee batteries because I made one.
                  The fact that Milwaukee changed their batteries, rendering my tools useless, is the reason I switched to Ridgid.

Comment

Originally posted by manutd View Post
                    Google how to make a convertor from a Ridgid USB power source. There is probably a video on you tube.
                    I know with 100% certainty there is for the older Milwaukee batteries because I made one.
                    The fact that Milwaukee changed their batteries, rendering my tools useless, is the reason I switched to Ridgid.
                    You're right.

Comment

Working...
                    X