Octane 1/4 Sheet Sander

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Octane 1/4 Sheet Sander

I'm thinking of purchasing this sheet sander (R86064) and was wondering if anyone has used the included hole punch? Does it work well?

HI, i didnt think anyone used 1/4 sheet sanders anymore, with the easiness of use hook and loop sanding pads being so common now. im curious your reasons for desiring a 1/4 sheet sander over the hook/loop models
    HEY! What does this button do?

Comment

I haven't "costed" it out lately, but I'm pretty sure it's much more expensive going the hook & loop path and I have a bunch of full size sanding sheets. Of course hook & loop is more convenient. Seems to be quite a few who have purchased this type of sander and it's one of the newest models in the Ridgid line.

Comment

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-1...064B/307357737

interesting, had to look that up. amazing. my dad had a 1/4 sheet sander back in the 80s and i havent seen anyone use one since, guess i need to get my head out of the sand. LOL
        HEY! What does this button do?

Comment

I've got 2 of the round Palm Sanders and they work great! Don't see the need for this sander...

Comment

The hole/ paper punch works just fine.

Read the instructions on page 6 [English] and ensure you align it correctly.
            I actually use the paper punch as a resting or docking device when I'm done using the
            sander and it's OFF. This ensures I do not loose the paper punch or scratch
            whatever I place the sander on.

I find the three speeds very nice as almost every other sheet sander is only one speed "fast"

Cactus Man

Comment

Finally got it. Haven't done much yet other than a quick tool test. Used a 6Ah battery and with this type of tool, the extra weight doesn't hurt -- I think it helps.

Comment

Working...
              X