Cordless Batteries and Charger

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cordless Batteries and Charger

Is there any specific care when using Ridgid batteries? Do they need to be completely ran down? Or is the diagnostic testing supposed to recallibrate the battery?

The manual states that after the charger completes quick charge mode the charging light stays green and battery continues to charge under slow mode. Does anyone know what that means?

It means that if you don't immediately remove the battery from the charger when the recharge cycle is finished, the battery will not be harmed.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

Todays batteries do not need to be drained until the drill stops turning. In fact that can damage a battery. RUn the tool until you notice a power drop the recharge. The 'memory' effect of yester-year no longer applies

Comment

Some of the newer ones have a conditioning charge mode where the charger as i understand it discharges the battery until all of it's cells are equal, and then slowly recharges the battery until it is fully charged. I know on mine, this is not to happen more than once a month or damage to the battery will occur.

The owners manual says for mine to remove the battery once a signifigant drop in performance is first noticed and charge it. Failure to do so will harm the battery.
        \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Working...
        X