No announcement yet.

Horrible home depot visit please read and reply

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the same thing happen to me, too, with two plumbing valves. They gave me credit for the phantom one, too.

Another good experience.

Comment

That is cool.

I'll give you a helpful hint that you may know or may not. Even if you didn't have proof, you could call Visa / Mastercard and dispute the charge. Visa would deduct the money from Home Depot's account without any proof. Most credit card companies automatically side with the customer on these disputes. I have a friend that works for visa / mastercard. They probalby know this and is why they don't dispute chargeback. Credit cards put the leverage in your shoes, not theirs. If you left and came back and told them next day they shorted you 10 bucks and had no proof, They wouldn't refund the money.

But, perception is everything!!

Jake

Comment

Just a followup note..received an email from h.d., (more than I did last time!) it said roughly, we will keep your complaint on file, we value your opinion, we hope you will give us another chance to serve you and if we "can be of further assistance" please let us know....lol further assistance! unbelievable!! What assistance?
        \"Aarrgh, sliver me timbers\"<br /><a href=\"http://www.picturetrail.com/daviddunlap\" target=\"_blank\">www.picturetrail.com/daviddunlap</a>

Comment

HI HO silver,

Amazing isn't it. Funny thing is that I have never heard about what the exact pay scale at home depot is. But from what I am taking from conversations with others that work there, and at lowes. Home Depot's pay scale is better than lowes? &lt; just what I heard don't quote me on that&gt; This would put them on a decent pay scale for retail and they give benefits too. Surprising they can't staff with good people

Jake

Comment

Originally posted by woodworkerjake:
            HI HO silver,

Amazing isn't it. Funny thing is that I have never heard about what the exact pay scale at home depot is. But from what I am taking from conversations with others that work there, and at lowes. Home Depot's pay scale is better than lowes? &lt; just what I heard don't quote me on that&gt; This would put them on a decent pay scale for retail and they give benefits too. Surprising they can't staff with good people

Jake
            Jake - I am somewhat questioning this pay scale matter to some degree as around here HD pays par with Lowes and less than what one with any knowledge can make at any do-it-yourself plumbing, woodworking, electrical, floor covering retail store. I base this on what I know some make and ads in newspapers here. What is perplexing is why any place does not pay more to retain the best of the employees and head hunt other places to get the needed "fill-in" pieces.
            I would think the WW stores could handle the extra pay scales based on prices they charge for tools and everything else and fact many no longer in higher end lease rate areas as they seem to have shifted in last 5 years.
            Wonder if manager's scales better? Happy and enthused management can make big impact

Comment

Maybe Home Depot execs. should start reading some of the e-mail sent to Ridgid and other tool manufacturers. The people who send e-mail to sites like Ridgid are usually hard-core tool guys who spend a lot of money at home improvement stores (i.e., Home Depot's most valued customers). Home Depot has pretty much hit rock-bottom as far as I'm concerned. Their employees are rude, ignorant of the products and trades, and usually no where to be found. Ridgid should think about some other business affiliations.

Comment

Well I went in and talked to another floor manager about what happened. I told him I could care less about the refund because he was defending his return policy. But at the end he wrote down my name and phone number on a pad of paper. I should be getting a call from him tommorrow morning. He was a little more motivated after I explained about how I reported his staff. I also mentioned the fact that there is 35 reply's to this problem on ridgids forum. [img]smile.gif[/img] He seemed nice though it wasn't a pissing contest or anthing like that. Anyway I should be getting a call after he interrogates scott in the morning.

Comment

Pokie Boy,
                  The funny thing is I still thing homedepot is a better place to shop then some stores.

By some stores I mean Wal-Mart [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: Horrible home depot visit please read and reply

WTF Dude! This is a post from 2003.

Did you sign up just to tell us this or do you have some value to add?

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Weasel View Post
                      WTF Dude! This is a post from 2003.

Did you sign up just to tell us this or do you have some value to add?

but then you had to dig it back up .......................... lol
                      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

heh. I just click the "New Posts" link when I come here and see what's going on. No digging on my part.

Comment

Wild Weasel,

Must have been some problem with server to show up as a "new post", your post was the first post on this subject in almost four years.

CWS
                          Last edited by CWSmith; 11-27-2007, 02:12 PM.

Comment

No, I think Josh must have deleted the post (and probably the account of the user who posted it) that I replied to.

So now I look like a schmuck. Thanks Josh!

Comment

So now I look like a schmuck.

no you still look like a stick man with a waving arm
                              9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

So now I look like a schmuck.

Well yeah, but we still like you!

(But of course, my posts have always been well thought out, timely, error free, highly logical, and precisely stated. Except maybe that one time.... or was it two.... ahhhh, well, gee, hmmm, duhhh, there might have been ... ?)

CWS
                                Last edited by CWSmith; 11-27-2007, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X