Sorel vs. Bunny Boots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorel vs. Bunny Boots?

Where I've grown up, it's always been Sorel boots https://under-the-open-sky.com/best-ice-fishing-boots/ for working outdoors. Didn't even know there were other good sources. Just what we've always had. I love watching the Alaska reality shows and I see everybody wearing the white boots. Looked it up and discovered Bunny Boots. What's the difference between these?
    Last edited by Vrisa; 10-29-2019, 04:25 AM.

Comment

• Bob D.
      Bob D. commented
      Editing a comment
      Be careful using copyrighted material in your posts, not just here but anywhere. And this one even reminds you by stating the allowed use. Watermarked means it has copyright identification marks embedded in the image.

• drainman scott
      drainman scott commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Bob for the heads up but I only used Daniels artwork for a transformative purpose.

I've got a pair of sorrels but I don't use them much.
    They are very heavy and make my feet sweat.

Sorrels have a removable felt lining that comes out with your foot when you take the boots off. Kind of a pain in the arse.
    I believe the Bunny (or, Mickey mouse) boots have the insulation lining encased into the boot.

Comment

• johncameron
      johncameron commented
      Editing a comment
      Of course I wouldn't consider them a power tool.

"Bunny boots" have the wool insulation between the inside and outside rubber . Used by the military for over 50 years (I was issued them during my North Dakota tour back in 1967), they are very bulky and not light by any means, but do keep your feet warm (or at least prevent frost bite when it gets down to -50F). If your feet sweat in normal boots, they probably will also in the bunny boots. On hard snow, they act a bit like a mini snowshoe because of the wide foot print (the insulation wraps all the way around your foot) but that width also makes them a bit clumsy when getting used to them, and also can interfere with getting your foot on the gas or brake pedal in some vehicles.
    Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Working...
    X