X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Heavy Duty Canvas Tool Bag

I recently purchased the full line of Ridgid Cordless Power Tools and went back to home depot this weekend to purchase the additional heavy duty tool bag and they said that Ridgid recalled the heavy duty bags. Is this true? I really liked it just was waiting to save up the money. Anycase, I can't believe a thing anybody says at Home Depot anyway. They tryed down selling me to a husky bag which wasn't even close. I wish Lowes would sign on Ridgid...its worth the extra cost for better service. Thanks...If this isn't true does anybody know where I can pick one up in Arizona?

Sorry Sean, the news is true. Never found out why but they were recalled. I tried to buy one too.
    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

In this thread Tool Bag Thread
      MattP states that he got an email from Ridgid CS stating that they are out of stock and should be back by mid Feb.
      Also if the bag was pulled you would think Ridgid would remove it from their site, which they have not
      Tool Bag

Comment

I still have a few in my store but there is a buyback on these. I don't think it was recalled because there doesn't seem to be any urgency to get them out of the stores. I think the buy back just has to do with it not really being a good seller. Who knows. The buyers may bring it back in a month just like they do everything else. Such as the cabinet makers clamps.
        Jeff

Comment

The RIDGID JobMax Tool bag actually was a good seller. It was put in as a seasonal buy. The buy back was as a request of senior depot officals to have a feature added to the bags. The bags are still an active item - why they are on the web site - and will be in the stores going forward.

Comment

I stand corrected and will be watching for their return.
            info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

thanks Brandman, that is the best info I have been able to get so far.
              Jeff

Comment

I have also been hunting hi and low for this bag. Saw it around the holidays but put it off because I was trying very hard to only shop for friends and coworkers. Now HD has a Ryobi bag that is very very similar to the Ridgid - but not as accomodating and I prefer the orange over the blue. Does any one have one they want to sell me?!

Comment

I haven't seen one of the Ridgid bags in the local HD, but they look really nice on the website. I don't know how much they cost, but I don't think I would buy one. A 5 gallon bucket is what I use. They are free and hold a good bit of stuff. Because they are designed to stack you can take a second or even a third bucket and cut them down to make lift out trays for added convenience. What I do is after cutting the lift out trays for my tool bucket is drill a couple of holes in the botton of them and use a piece of rope threaded thru the holes and knotted to make handles. You can stand on them if you need a little boost. They are waterproof, so you don't have to worry about a little rain or mud. And best of all, you can sit on your 5 gallon tool bucket, something you can't do with a tool bag.

[ 02-12-2005, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: ElectroM ]

Comment

The Senior Depot official probably wants the Home Depot logo added. [img]smile.gif[/img]
                    I think it is a fantastic bag. My wife gave me one for Christmas.

See my brief review.

Comment

I had to ask to find one of these bags in the store, they aren't stocked with the tools, they are displayed in the front, once you have already passed through the check-out lines.

It's a really nice bag. I looked at quite a few before I bought this one. I liked that it had storage space for both hand and power tools. It is also built fairly rugged, so I am thinking it will hold up well.

Comment

Re: Ridgid Heavy Duty Canvas Tool Bag

Brandman-
                        New question for 2007, where can I find this JobMax Carry-all tool bag? It is still listed on the website, but no luck searching e-bay, Grainger, or Home Depot. Can I order it directly from Ridgid?
                        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by BrandMan View Post
                          The RIDGID JobMax Tool bag actually was a good seller. It was put in as a seasonal buy. The buy back was as a request of senior depot officals to have a feature added to the bags. The bags are still an active item - why they are on the web site - and will be in the stores going forward.
                          Brandman-
                          New question for 2007. Where can I find one of the JobMax carry all tool bags? I have tried e-bay, Grainger, and Home Depot with no luck? Can I buy one directly from Ridgid?
                          Thanks!

Comment

I too have been on a massive search for this one and ONLYbag..........if there is any new messages bout it..............please help...

Comment

I bought one of them recently after searching for them for quite a while. I had seen one used as a promotional display in the store but couldn't actually find them anywhere. Eventually I just took the display one as it was fully boxed. A few weeks later looking for something completely unrelated I found them. Typical HD style they were stocked where you would last look for them. Rather than putting them with the toolboxes and cases where anyone would go look for them, they were stashed in the floor under some completely random isles. One store had them under the reciprocating saw section. The other had them in the air compressor section or something like that.

It's actually a very well designed bag. I can now conveniently carry most of my primary use hand tools and power tools in one bag. I wish they would have added more external pockets but oh well. This bag is actually made by McGuire-Nicholas. You can find the same bag sold under the original name. Only difference is it lacks a few of the pockets and modifications made for Ridgid which make it a heck of a lot more convinient.

http://www.mcguire-nicholas.com/prod...obsite_storage
                              Second one to the right. The 18" Tool Center.

Comment

Working...
                              X