X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TTI Agrees To Buy Milwaukee

Just saw an announcement where it was stated that TTI has announced an agreement with Atlas Copco to purchase their power tool group which includes Milwaukee Elec. Tool and AEG. Unfortunately this kind of stuff is just a fact of life but I sure hate to see it happening.

[ 08-30-2004, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: Badger Dave ]
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Dave:

I think this has some good and bad. If you like Milwaukee then with the agreement that TTI and Home Depot have with Ryobi and Ridgid's liscense product I would imagine that there will be more milwaukee tools in Home Depot in the near Future. The only negative is that they may cheapen the product up and potentially hurt the durability of Milwaukee tools but only time will tell

Comment

I hope it means we will get to carry more of the cordless line in the stores now. Right now all we carry is the 18v hammerdrill and the 18v combo set. I personally have a 14.4v drill and hammerdrill and would like to see more 14.4 stuff in our stores.
      Jeff

Comment

Sounds like a win-win situation to me. Take Milwaukee's engineering and manufacturing expertise and TTI's money no telling what they can come up with. This could make TTI number one or two globally in tool manufacturing. Look out Dewalt/BD. That Swedish mining company could not have been the greatest parent for Milwaukee. By the way, since Dewalt closed their plants in the US of A, which Asian or former communist bloc country are they making their tools in?

Comment

When did DeWalt close their plants??

Comment

Gotcha
            the reason i ask is a friend of mine works for DeWalt in their Tampa Fl. Manufacturing plant. I had not talked to the person in a while and thought that this was something new. But if you read on in the articles you will note it told you where all the jobs went and it was to fayetville nc and Mexico..

Comment

This is bad news for Metabo.

Comment

Hey Bo,

May want to check in with your friend. A brother in law was let go and was told they were closing or have closed Tampa.

Comment

Called him today to check on his job and the hurricane...The plant is open and making power tools accessories there are other plants in TX, TN and NC according to him...he did say that one plant was in Mexico and Germany...now how long it stays that way I do not know and neither does he.

Comment

Working...
                  X