X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miter Saw Question

I have a question if given the choice between the DeWalt Dual Bevel 12" compound miter saw and the Ridgid 12" miter saw, neither are the sliding models, which would you choose. I only ask because Home Depot has the Dewalt marked down to 275 and the Ridgid is 299 at this store (but that lifetime service agreement is sweet). Just looking for pros and cons of both from anyone who has used one or both brands. Thanks in advance.

-John

That's an easy one, buy the DeWalt.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

As you said, the liftime agreement is sweet and since it seems that both saws are very good, it's a "no brainer", to me anyway!

Comment

Sorry for reviving an old dead thread, but I think it should be noted that if you are going to be tilting the blade often, then the only way to go is with the Ridgid. To tilt the blade on the DeWalt, you have to reach way behind the tool, and in doing so it can be difficult to read the guage. I'm not sure if the dewalt even has positive stops at 22.5 and 33.9. I noticed today that DeWalt has worked on this issue with their new 12inch slider, but the non slider is still the same.
        I hang miles of crown molding and actually killed my Ridgid. I bought a new one today that was exactly the same as my old one, because I couldn't find one better.

Comment

One more thing. The lifetime service plan isn't all its cracked up to be. You have to pay to ship your tool to them. I think I'll just buy the odd set of brushes myself. Good luck finding an "authorized dealer" in your area.

Comment

Well---I have the single bevel DeWalt and love it. $275--if still at that price, is a good deal. I've never found changing the bevel a problem---it's clearly visible from the front right side. Another plus is that DW puts a premium blade on their saw---unless Ridgid has an equivelent blade, and you eventually have to replace theirs, the price gap increases.
            Dave

Comment

Valid point. I guess it all depends on what you are going to use the saw for. The Ridgid comes with a 12" 60 tooth carbide blade. I prefer the 80 tooth Titanium model, but the one they supply isn't too bad. Works great for paint grade by all means. I've always liked the power and the feel of the dewalt single bevel, but I think it would kill me trying to hang crown without having the double bevel; I hate having to spin 16 foot pieces of crown.

Comment

Working...
              X