No announcement yet.

sparks from 18v drill and 3 year warranty off ebay?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sparks from 18v drill and 3 year warranty off ebay?

I just purchased the 3 pc combo 18 volt hammer drill off ebay, new, not refurbished. I noticed the drill has sparks coming from the motor. I have noticed sparks on other drills but not this much...what do the sparks come from and is it harmful to the drill? Also since i bought the drill off ebay, has anyone been able to get the 3 year warranty...or perhaps taken it to HD with any problems?

HD is not a warranty company, nor should they help you out. If you were given a reciept by an actual company that is able to sell the Ridgid stuff, then you should be able to take it to any authorized service center.

all "universal motors" arch to a certain extent but if your drill seems excessive, you should return it to point of purchase for refund or exchange. Not sure how the return policy works with e-bay.

If you used Paypal to purchase the item off Ebay. You can invoke the BUYER PROTECTION plan through Paypal by filing a claim on the site.
        I had to use this process a few weeks ago when I got ripped off along with 20 other auction winners when the seller filed bankruptcy and took off with our money. I got my funds back in 2 weeks from Paypal and then they in turn will go after the offender.
        If you didn't use Paypal to pay for the auction-don't count on Ebay's Safe Harbour Crap. They were as useless as tits on a boar hog. They sent me nothing but canned emails stating there was nothing they could do.
        Good Luck with your issue.