LSA worked great for me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSA worked great for me.

I've seen lots of tales of issues of registering for LSA and people having issues using it - that is not my experience. I started buying RIDGID tools around 2008, and have registered all with LSA when available. Of all the tools I have had, the only one that failed/broke, was a RECON that did not qualify for LSA (first and last RIDGID power tool RECON that I buy - surprisingly the Li battery that came with that has lasted longer than any other Li battery that I have had, and is still going after 8+ years).

Of all the tools and batteries (kits) that I have bought, I don't remember any issue with registering for LSA, and the last few I have registered have been really easy; just provide code from Home Depot receipt and in a couple of weeks they are confirmed as covered.

Over the years I collected a number of dead batteries. I could not find anywhere near me to take them to, to get replaced, so just accumulated them. Earlier this year I decided I had to get them replaced, and was surprised that all I had to do was call RIGID (when did that start, rather than taking them to a service center?). Got all my tools, batteries, and chargers out on a table, made the call, and after about 10 minutes (of a polite call), they confirmed I was covered, and about a week later 6 new batteries arrived at my doorstep.

I was very surprised to find my old NiCds were replaced with new NiCds and not Lis. The new NiCds are the same AH as the old ones (2.5 AH), but for some reason are bigger and heavier (about 15% taller and 20% heavier - 37 oz vs 30 ozs for the old ones).

My first batteries were NiCds, and they lasted longer than the Lis that came later. The NiCds were about 11 years old when I replaced them; one was dead, but the other still worked fine if taken straight off the charger (but couldn't hold a charge for more than a few days). The Li batteries probably lasted about 6 years on average.

My experience is the tools will outlast the batteries, so ensure you buy batteries that are covered by LSA (in tool kits, or in battery + charger kits) and make sure to register the tools/batteries for LSA.

Finally, someone that had a pleasant experience. I haven't had to use my LSA yet but hope that my outcome is as great as yours. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

• BadgerDave
      BadgerDave commented
      Editing a comment
      Count me as another who has had only positive experiences using the LLSA Program. From registering every single tool into the program to actually having to use the program's benefits, nothing but trouble free experiences.

• CWSmith
      CWSmith commented
      Editing a comment
      And ME too!

I've posted of my LSA support and positive experiences before. Since my first registration in late 2003 and continuing thru 2018 I've never once not had my registration lost. Earlier this year I replace two 18-Volt and two 14.4-Volt batteries under the LSA; all were originally purchased in 2005.

CWS

I've also had good experiences with the times I've had to use the lsa. I actually have to call soon because my old 24v batteries are draining within a week of being taken off the charger. I'm curious if they'll replace those with other 24v batteries.

Comment

Whats the point of uploading your receipt if it you get the dreaded action required !!! of the 6 registrations this past holiday season... 2 action required 2 pending that will probably result in action required ( share same receipt of action required ) one LSA approved.. ( torch light ) and one just registered.... all purchased online at the same Home Depot store with uploaded receipts.. so I will wait for more action required immediate attention required notice's and send them all out in one USPS certified letter.

Comment

• Calder
        Calder commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn't have to upload any receipt. For the last couple I have done, all I did was enter the tool number and the number off the bottom of the receipt, and mine went to pending and a week or two later turned to approved for LSA with no further effort on my part.

I'm currently in the process of registering a tool from Direct Tools. For tools bought from there, they want you to send in the original receipt (uploading will not do). I will know in a couple of weeks if it becomes a pain, or relatively painless similar to the experience I have had with tools from Home Depot.

• drainman scott
        drainman scott commented
        Editing a comment
        First It's good to know that Direct Tools blemished qualifies for LSA.... and I thought by uploading receipt would make the process easy , not in my case... they do give you 2 options one to mail and the other to send via internet with uploaded receipt and they ( Ridgid ) will investigate and within a week get back with an answer so I will wait and see how they respond before I mail them a copy ( online order ) of what I uploaded.

• drainman scott
        drainman scott commented
        Editing a comment
        As of this writing all my registered tools have been LSA approved.... so the option to have them investigate worked for me.

I've had problems with six LSA registrations. Each and every time, I had to answer their "alert" about a problem with matching my sent data with their records. I sent the exact copy of the same data and it registered. I tried to get an answer of what the original problem was, but no answer.

Now I have another LSA problem with my R8481B Hand Planer. Same thing, so I followed the the requested action and the first question was "send a new receipt or use the one I already sent. I clicked on the latter and my HD receipt sent back on 11/14/19 showed up. I wrote in the comment box asking what else they need, since all the data was correct on the email they sent me when I did the registration. What a PITA!

I really suspect the problem is between Ridgid and Home Depot. But they keep putting the customer (me) in the middle. I can't give them any more data than I already have. Very frustrating!

Comment

I've yet to have to use LSA for actual tools. From what I've heard, if you have a tool that breaks down that is part of a large kit, such as a 5 pc w/ two batteries; you'd have to bring/send EVERY PIECE FROM THE KIT to service. Can anyone confirm?

Comment

• tantor
          tantor commented
          Editing a comment
          My 3/8 impact trigger messed up . The local shop that I used told me I only had to bring the tool, no battery , no charger, nothing else. That's all I took in. He had to order the part and when he got it fixed he shipped it back to me. I didn't even have to go get it.

• BadgerDave
          BadgerDave commented
          Editing a comment
          I think sometimes they require you to bring in all the components when the issue is battery replacement, especially if the battery isn't all that old. They want to check the charger and the tools to be sure that none of them are the main cause of the battery needing replacement. When my batteries needed replacement I did bring all the components with me however when they saw how old the batteries were they said there was no need to check anything else and just had new batteries shipped to me in under a week.

• CWSmith
          CWSmith commented
          Editing a comment
          I had a drill serviced shortly after I purchased it in 2003; and, four batteries replaced just last year that I purchased in 2005. The 14.4V drill was from a combo set of three tools and all I had to do was UPS the tool to the service center (after I talked to them on the phone) and they fixed it within two weeks and shipped it back to me at their cost.

The battery replacement was pretty simple in that I called Customer Service, gave them the battery serial numbers, she asked me to put them on the charger and tell her the indicated results and that was it. About five days later I received all four batteries and called Customer Service to give them the new serial numbers so they could update my records. Simple and no hassle at all. I didn't have to send in the old batteries and was told to just recycle them.

CWS
          Last edited by CWSmith; Yesterday, 07:40 PM.
      Working...
      X