Octane/Bluetooth battery issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Octane/Bluetooth battery issues

been a while since i checked on this....

many of the octane batteries with the stamped datecodes CS18XX (XX is week of manufacture) have bluetooth issues

some questions....

1. anyone have problems with bluetooth not working on the CS19XX batteries? all my CS18XX batteries dont update the app anymore and some wont even turn blue for pairing anymore.
    2. has anyone had a octane battery that was properly registered LSA be denied warranty replacement due to some technical issue, example... like the Octane circuitry detected the battery spent too much time in an excessively hot environment?
    HEY! What does this button do?

I have a brand new CS1932XX that synced with the app exactly once, immediately stopped responding to the app, and now refuses to return to the bluetooth pairing mode (no blue light). According to the power meter on the battery itself, it is also discharging itself at an alarming rate.

It came from the Octane starter kit with 2 3AH batteries, the second battery is working as it should be. I haven’t dealt with replacement yet, I’ll let you know how it goes.

Comment

I don't know if it's that common but for me, it's like 50/50 each time whether it will work or not on CS19. I bet it's not that widespread and it's just me but it sure doesn't seem so.

Comment

Just switched to Ridgid and after receiving both of my additional Octane 9AH batteries today both are CS19XX and only one will enter bluetooth mode and pair out of the packaging. It's an online order so I am sure I can exchange it directly at Home Depot I will note that none of my tools have been verified yet and have been pending for close to 30 days now =.

Comment

I had a 3 amp hour battery not pair right out of the gate I called Ridgid and they sent me a new one. I had one of the 9 amp hour ones when they first came out and stopped pairing after about a month or so they tried to do some troubleshooting by resetting the Bluetooth but it did not work. All they did was ask me for the serial number and then they send me a new one I told me the recycle the old ones.

Comment

Just called the battery hotline they were busy but did call me back and I told them the issue. Like Fly YX stated they are sending a new one and asked me to recycle the existing one. I will note it was smooth and friendly and they did check my registration and my uploaded receipt quickly before approval.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepheus Solutions View Post
              Just called the battery hotline they were busy but did call me back and I told them the issue. Like Fly YX stated they are sending a new one and asked me to recycle the existing one. I will note it was smooth and friendly and they did check my registration and my uploaded receipt quickly before approval.
              If the only thing wrong with the bluetooth problem battery is the bluetooth, why not keep it and use it? Having and extra battery never hurts.

Comment

• Cepheus Solutions
                Cepheus Solutions commented
                Editing a comment
                Thats not a bad idea but currently this battery discharges itself about 15-20% given the missing bars on the battery indicator after sitting overnight. This could be related to the bluetooth or the battery might be a hazard with an internal short.

I noticed that too with the 3amp hour battery that I could never get to pair. The battery will discharge if I let it sit too long.

Comment

Working...
              X