Stealth Force discontinued?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stealth Force discontinued?

I've been looking at getting the Stealth Force hydraulic impact driver, but it disappeared from Home Depot's website. Does anyone know if it's been discontinued? It had been around for a while, is there a replacement in the works?

According to my contact at Ridgid, the kit with the stealth force and (2) 2ah batteries is being discontinued but the bare tool should be available soon. If you need one now you can buy this one from direct tools factory outlet and it's still eligible for the LSA. https://www.directtoolsoutlet.com/Pr...iver/p/R86036D

Comment

As far as I am aware, LSA is not eligible for any tools purchased from Direct Tools. LSA is only available for tools bought at Home Depot or on-line at the Home Depot site. If anyone knows different, please provide details. On the Direct Tools web-site it says:

RIDGID Warranty Information
      • RIDGID Three-Year Limited Warranty
        - All RIDGID Factory Blemished Power Tools and Outdoor Equipment are covered by a 3-year warranty.

- *You must retain your receipt as proof of purchase for the use of warranty.
      It says nothing about LSA.

Comment

Originally posted by Calder View Post
        As far as I am aware, LSA is not eligible for any tools purchased from Direct Tools. LSA is only available for tools bought at Home Depot or on-line at the Home Depot site. If anyone knows different, please provide details. On the Direct Tools web-site it says:

- All RIDGID Factory Blemished Power Tools and Outdoor Equipment are covered by a 3-year warranty.

I went to Direct Tools Facebook page and ask them if Ridgid factory blemished tools where eligible under LSA there reply " yes as long as you follow the proper registration process " I have seen this claim posted under comments in other tool discussion sites. It clearly states on Direct Tools website the 3 year warranty..

I respectively request Team Ridgid to weigh in and clarify to it's loyal Ridgid tool owners the facts of these claims.

Comment

While I'm not affiliated with Ridgid, I can confirm that new and factory blemished tools are able to be registered for LSA. I have purchased factory blemished MegaMax and all 3 heads, the 18v miter saw, and a 9ah battery kit from direct tools and have successfully registered all for LSA. The registration is a bit different though, as you do most of the registration online but at the end have to mail in your receipt, which then gets processed. Just make sure to register the normal way online and then follow the instructions for mailing it it. Another tip that may help, I type out my order number, email, tool model number, and serial number on a separate paper and mail it with the receipt just so if there's any issues they have all the other info when they receive the receipt. I don't actually know if that helps them but I've done it that way 3 separate times and had no issues. Hope that clears up any confusion.

Comment

• BadgerDave
            BadgerDave commented
            Editing a comment
            Good idea, wow them with paperwork. Just like I'd do when audited by the IRS, , provide them with more info then they ask for. Cover all the bases and then some!

When you go to register your tool, Ridgid's form asks for the place of purchase. Aside from the Home Depot choices, if you choose 'Other' you are given the DirectTools site as an option. They do indeed cover the item with the full LSA *IF* it's a 'Factory Blemished' item. The site has other categories like 'Certified Pre-Owned' that *DO NOT* get eligible for the LSA. To me this makes sense, the site isn't some random 3rd party retailer, it's TTIs own website so they know whether the items are new or not.

Comment

• drainman scott
            drainman scott commented
            Editing a comment
            That's good to know that there is an alternative to Home Depot.

I seem to be corrected. It does seem that 'New' or 'Factory Blemished' tools from DT can be registered for LSA. I went there today (50% off sale) and bought one of the Ridgid 18 volt Power Source (USB adapter) for $10. They had lots of great prices on drills and impacts, but I don't need any more of them (have 2 drills and 2 impacts from Ridgid, and a couple from Ryobi, and a corded for really tough jobs - just don't need any more).

I tried to register it for LSA and the 'Other' option for where you bought it came up with Direct Tools Outlet as one of the options, as noted by 'fiifiesj' above.

It is more effort to register. With Home Depot tools, all I had to do with the last two purchases was enter my receipt number and a about a week later it they were confirmed OK. This one requires me to print the registration details from their web page, and mail it into them with the original receipt. I guess the web print out provides a reference to my account number. Just more hoops to jump through. My home printer doesn't have any ink, so I'll have to wait until Thursday when I can print it at work to sort it out.

I'll re-post back when it gets registered, to let you know if there is any more effort and how long the process took. Should have it in the mail Friday.

Comment

Interesting, the kit is still available at homedepot.ca, as well the the bare tool. I purchased a 5ah starter kit and got a free stealthforce for $199 CAD, I'm pretty happy with my purchase that I took time to write a review of it, though protool review summarized the tool itself pretty well already.

Wonder if amazon bought is LSA covered. If like Calder said it would probably involve a lot of effort too.

Comment

Originally posted by drainman scott View Post

I went to Direct Tools Facebook page and ask them if Ridgid factory blemished tools where eligible under LSA there reply " yes as long as you follow the proper registration process " I have seen this claim posted under comments in other tool discussion sites. It clearly states on Direct Tools website the 3 year warranty..

I respectively request Team Ridgid to weigh in and clarify to it's loyal Ridgid tool owners the facts of these claims.
              Totally agree. There's sellers on Amazon selling Ridgid power tools that had shown the Ridgid LSA blurb in the product description. If you ask the seller about registering under LSA, most will say "unfortunately no." But that misleading product description is left up.
              I put in a "Report incorrect product information" and it seems they took that down. But they should spell it out that it's not eligible for LSA in the product description.

Comment

It does seem that 'New' or 'Factory Blemished' tools from DT can be registered for LSA. I went there today (50% off sale) and bought one of the Ridgid 18 volt Power Source (USB adapter) for $10.

I tried to register it for LSA and the 'Other' option for where you bought it came up with Direct Tools Outlet as one of the options, as noted by 'fiifiesj' above.

It is more effort to register. With Home Depot tools, all I had to do with the last two purchases was enter my receipt number and a about a week later it they were confirmed OK. This one requires me to print the registration details from their web page, and mail it into them with the original receipt. I guess the web print out provides a reference to my account number. Just more hoops to jump through. My home printer doesn't have any ink, so I'll have to wait until Thursday when I can print it at work to sort it out.

I'll re-post back when it gets registered, to let you know if there is any more effort and how long the process took. Should have it in the mail Friday.
                Update on LSA registration: Documents went in mail 1/6/20. It is now almost 2 weeks later and nothing has changed in 'My Toolbox' on the RIDGID LSA site. Not worried yet, I had not expected to see anything yet. Will give it another 10 days before I try calling.

For the price of this thing, it is probably not worth my time, but I want to complete a registration before I am comfortable buying a more expensive tool from Direct Tools.

The USB adapter is probably going to be out of date in a few years. A lot of new products are already moving to the new USB3 plug format.

Comment

I have also purchased recently off Direct Tools website and registered 6 factory blemished tools that are LSA eligible... Yes there's more so called hoops to go through but the savings are well worth it ( compared to Home Depot ). My blemished tools all came to me in original factory boxes with all the manuals... I noticed that they ship from Anderson SC.. so I assume it comes from TTI's manurfacturing plant.

I also notice that there products for sale changes constantly and the good deals don't last long such as 4" razor scrapers @ $ 1.69 tile sponges @ $.59 and I thought I never find Ridgid's Tile leveling system again to name a few. I will also keep this forum informed as to how I made out in the registration process.

Comment

• drainman scott
                    drainman scott commented
                    Editing a comment
                    As of yesterday all 6 ( Ridgid qualified ) factory blemished tools purchased from Direct Tools have been LSA approved..... sent all the paper work out on 1-27 via certified mail so it took about a couple of weeks.

It does seem that 'New' or 'Factory Blemished' tools from DT can be registered for LSA. I went there today (50% off sale) and bought one of the Ridgid 18 volt Power Source (USB adapter) for $10. They had lots of great prices on drills and impacts, but I don't need any more of them (have 2 drills and 2 impacts from Ridgid, and a couple from Ryobi, and a corded for really tough jobs - just don't need any more).

It is more effort to register. With Home Depot tools, all I had to do with the last two purchases was enter my receipt number and a about a week later they were confirmed OK. This one requires me to print the registration details from their web page, and mail it into them with the original receipt. I guess the web print out provides a reference to my account number. Just more hoops to jump through.

I'll re-post back when it gets registered, to let you know if there is any more effort and how long the process took.
                  Update 2: Documents went in mail Monday Jan 6 (original receipt and printed out form). I did NOT use registered mail. Today, Jan 21 (15 days later) "My Toolbox" shows it as being registered (approved) for the Lifetime Service Agreement.

I also uploaded a scanned copy of the receipt to "My Toolbox". I don't know if that made any difference. It was not a required step.

While I admit being a little apprehensive about the LSA program with tools from Direct Tools, after this good experience with registering a tool, I will have no reservation about buying a new or 'Factory Blemished' RIGID tool from Direct Tools in the future.

One other tip I was given by the assistant at Tool Direct was, to make a copy of the receipt as soon as possible. Apparently their receipts fade really quickly.

Comment

Working...
                  X