Lopsided planer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lopsided planer

I have a thirteen inch Ridgid planer The left side is almost 1/4 inch lower than the right side. How can I readjust the level to be the same? Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by alliebuck; 02-14-2020, 11:10 AM.

Planer

Comment

I am going to assume that you're referring to the table that the wood rides on is what is out of level. The first thing I'd try would be to take the outside cover off and look for a missing screw or two that mounts the table to the frame.
      I'VE DECIDED I'M NOT OLD, I'M 45 -- PLUS SHIPPING AND HANDLING.

Comment

Actually it is not the table but the movable screw top that goes up and down.Its on threaded field and two sides on each side .

Comment

Meant to say on threaded dowels.

Comment

I put a level on the table - fine , the top almost 2/4 inch off.

Comment

Quarter of an inch

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	planer.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	210.4 KB
ID:	743562

This is my planer with a level at the cutter head and bed there about the same.... is this where yours is off 1/4" ?

Comment

Off on the top. Table is good - almost like it slip a couple thread on the top head

Comment

https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/po...er-adjustments

Here's a thread on adjustments the pictures don't show up.... I read my manual on adjustments R4331 doesn't say anything on how to adjust just have service performed by authorized shop ( typical ) ...

I'll take a look at mine and figure out how to adjust. What model # planer is yours ?

Comment

Name:	planer chain.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	204.9 KB
ID:	743573
                      My R4331 in order to make an adjustment I would need to remove chain that is moves cutter head up and down on the threaded post in sync. and then rotate the nut on the left screw post either up or down to make the cutter head assemble parallel with the bed.

Name:	planer nut.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	743574

Comment

Working...
                      X