X2 drill LSA replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X2 drill LSA replacement?

my old gen 2 18v hammer drill is starting to smoke when using, so its about to get sent in for service w LSA. i suspect they wont have repair parts for it due to its almost 20 years old. does any one know if ridgid is replacing the old X2 18v hammer drills with the latest R8611506 octane drill or with something else?
    HEY! What does this button do?

Give an update on what happens. Thx!

Comment

More than likely yes. Depending what they have in stock. Had my old drill replaced with a new one when it smoked the motor.

Comment

I think you can still get motors for it so I'd reach out to Ridgid and see what they say. If they just replace it they may let you keep the old X2 and you could solder in the new motor yourself

Comment

If you search out a Ridgid authorised repair center in your area, they will be able to repair it. Just had the gearcase on my monster 24v hammer drill a few years back. Don't deal with HD. Ridgid has a repair center finder on their website.

Comment

On Friday just sent a work gen5 brushed hammer drill in the motor was smoking. If they do replace it hopefully I'll get the one with the light in the chuck like the old one.

Comment

I recently had my X2 repaired new motor.
              THEY HAVE THE PARTS!!

Comment

Originally posted by williampierce12 View Post
                I recently had my X2 repaired new motor.
                THEY HAVE THE PARTS!!
                How the heck did that happen?
                Sombody screwed up and hung on to some spare parts for something for more than 90 days.
                "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006
                "?ǝɹɐ sɹǝƃuıɟ ɹnoʎ ǝɹǝɥʍ ʍouʞ noʎ op `ʍɐs ǝlqɐʇ ɐ s,ʇı"

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1p...qcZKHyrqKhikFA

----

Comment

Working...
                X