X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milwaukee tools Stolen and now looking for new Equipment

I bought the Milwaukee 18v set 6 months ago and loved them. They rated their tools by the total # of screws and holes drilled per charge, and total # cross cut 2x4s and feet of OSB per charge. Does Ridgid have any documented numbers for commparison? I really like the 30 min charger compared to the 60 min Milwaukee, but I still would like to know the power of the Ridgid batteries.
    From Milwaukee's site:
    The 6310-20 Milwaukee 18 Volt Cordless Circular Saw operates on a 2.4 amp hour Nickel-Cadmium battery providing the most 2 x 4 cuts per battery charge in the industry. On a single charge, the Milwaukee Cordless Circular Saw can cut up to 145 2 x 4 's or 106 feet of 5/8 inch OSB material.

Second, like most all other manufacturers, why are the cordless curcular saws left handed and not the traditional right hand?

What tools will be added to the lineup, radios, miter saws, jigsaws, laser transits etc.

The thieves also took my Dewalt 368, 15amp circular saw. I boiught it because of the power to weight ratio. Why is the Ridgid heavier, and are there advantages to it overe the Dewalt?
    Any feedback would be appreciated,

Jonathan

I can't tell you about cordless tools. And I don't own the Ridgid Circular Saw. But I do have the Milwaukee Tilt-Lock circular saw and love it. I don't think I could give that up. I liked it best among all the designs that were available at the time that I purchased it.

But I do like the Ridgid saw design. The thing I like about it, and it is a simple thing, is that you can actually read the scales on the rip guide and base plate. I also like the position of the forward grip, similar to the Tilt-Lock. It feels like a solid design. I don't think you would go wrong with any of the Ridgid corded tools. I'm hoping to get the new Ridgid 1/2" VSR 2-speed-range, pulse-hammer drill soon.

Arr! Arr! Arr! Arr!

[ 10-15-2003, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: George ]

Comment

Working...
    X