X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement X2 Batteries Don't Exist!

I took a leap of faith and switched from DeWalt (my last 2 DeWalt 18v drills - and the batteries - have been JUNK! My first one was bulletproof) to Ridged and bought the 4 piece kit. I obviously bought at the wrong time - after the lifetime warranty and before the free 3rd battery.

I was told the batteries would be available 'within a few weeks' and for the past 8 months I've been trying to work with two - it sucks! At least it's only a 30min charge.....

Anyway, I live in Calgary, Canada and I need some freaking batteries! Ridgid are you listening? Nobody has them! ARRRRGH!

It must be a canada thing. Home Depot stores here have had batteries for sale for quite a while now.

Comment

They have them at HD in Toronto. Get your HD to call a Toronto store and have them ship to your store. There are some on EBAY as well 18V Ridgid batteries on ebay

[ 10-15-2004, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: wbrooks ]

Comment

Ridgid batteries are in the stores, you might not have looked in the right place. After checking the tool corral, go to Tool Rental. They sometimes hide them there, as a security precaution. Batteries are a high theft item, go figure.

Comment

You don't necessarily need a new battery. A guy I know has figured out how to just replace the bad cells in a battery. he does it all the time!!! I'll try to see how he does it, where he gets replacement cells, and get back to you.
          <a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/buctooth\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/buctooth</a><br />Please tell us how you like the site, even if you hate it. If you want, feel free to visit the forum.

Comment

IF YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REPLACE THE BATTERIES YOURSELF. Here is a great company for $35 bucks that will rebuild your battery.

www.voltmanbatteries.com

They do a good job. This is the only service they provide.

Comment

Working...
            X