Older ridgid power tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Older ridgid power tools

I was wondering..how many of you still have the original 24v tools still in use?
    Can you still rely on the LSA program for replacement batteries?

Have you tired running the tools with the 18v batteries?
    I recall some of the early 24v tools also claimed they could use 18v batteries.

I still have in working condition all of my vintage 18v 2005 tools.

Cactus Man

Have all my old 18 volt with the exception of the flash/work light. Yes, I can count on Ridgid to replace batteries.

Comment

I bought the original 5 tool pack in 2003 and they have replaced the ni-cd batteries every time i have sent them in. last replacement was around 2018, they sent actual brand new 2018 ni-cad batteries, i was amazed they still made them!....no problems ever w battery replacements.
      still have all my original tools, my original Recip saw serial number is under 100, and it still works fine. got a ton of use in 2017 when the hurricane passed thru my area.

no problems with warranty repairs from ridgid service centers, but have had problems with Home depot being jerks with the LSA on tools and not honoring it. i nolonger take any of my ridgid tools to Home Depot for repair.
      HEY! What does this button do?

Comment

• Bob D.
        Bob D. commented
        Editing a comment
        "but have had problems with Home depot being jerks with the LSA on tools and not honoring it."

I would feed that back to RIDGID/TTI directly. Sounds like HD is trying to weasel out of their end of the LSA. Let TTI know. Maybe they will care and do something and maybe they won't but it can't hurt.

I worked at Home Depot in operations/IT at the time I remember when Ridgid power tools first came out. The only thing I have left back then are a few 120 v tools. The motor on my old cordless drill started smoking and they replaced it with a 18 volt set a few years ago. The thing I liked about the line voltage tools it had a light and a picture of the tool on the plug so you weren't unplugging someone else's tool and you knew it was energized. Don't know why I just thought it was cool at that time but what do I know I was just a kid lol.

Comment

• Bob D.
        Bob D. commented
        Editing a comment
        "The thing I liked about the line voltage tools it had a light and a picture of the tool on the plug so you weren't unplugging someone else's tool and you knew it was energized."

That was a nice feature and many commented on here about its disappearance back then.

24-Volt tools? I think they were well after my 14.4- and 18-Volt tools, were they not? Actually i just had both my 14.4- and 18-Volt batteries replaced last year. I was surprised at how easy it was. The young lady simply asked me to place them in the charger and tell her the indication, provide her the serial numbers and a week later I had four new batteries.

You know, I still have my 9.6-Volt Pivot Driver, I think it came in the "Carpender's Combo" that I bought back in 2004 or 5 along with the 18-V circular saw and impact drill, all are still working great; and, though I have just replaced the 18-Volt battery, the 9.6-Volt battery is still working strong.

CWS

Comment

I still run my 24v tools for home use and 18v for work. I have the drill, circular saw and flashlight. I had the reciprocating saw but that one crapped out on me I think close to 2 years ago. Ridgid sent me a brand new 18v octane reciprocating saw with batteries and charger.
        I always run them with the 18v batteries since I have so many of them. The 24v batteries still charge but drain too quickly to be worth using. I haven't called to replace them because I forgot. Now that you've reminded me I'll give them a call to see what happens and update you.

Comment

If the 24v batteries are ni-cad, has anyone had them rebuilt? I seem to remember that HD doesn't replace them any longer. Just curious.

Comment

• UTILITYMETERREPAIR
            UTILITYMETERREPAIR commented
            Editing a comment
            I have never seen a NI-CD 24v pack. all have been Lithium. the lithiums are easy to rebuild. i've rebuilt numerous 18V packs with 2.5 and 3a Samsung 18650 cells from eBay.

Awesome. Like I said, just curious.

Comment

I still have and use all of my original 24v combo items hammer drill, impact driver, 6 1/2 circular saw, demo saw and flashlight. Through my local repair center, I have had the hammer drill gearcase replaced and 2 24v batteries replaced. No hassles. I don't deal with HD for warranty issues. I have a Ridgid authorised repair center in my city. For batteries, Usually it's a 2 day turnaround, no questions asked.

Comment

Working...
            X