High and dry for 2 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High and dry for 2 weeks

Waiting for ridgid to do paperwork on replacement battery under warranty. Service depot wanted defective battery and one of my warranty covered tools as well. They say it takes 2 weeks for ridgid to authorize replacement. So here I sit short 1 battery and one tool. This is crazy. I paid premium price for good tools and a lifetime warranty. The hoops you have to go through to valadate and maintain tools under the warranty are obviously intended to discourage claims. Though the tools are just ok there will be no more ridgid purchases. A defective makita battery is replaced immediately, no wuestions asked. If ridgid doesn't trust warranty depots to make decisions on warranty claims, why are they ridgid depots...unless no one will assume their product line, or deal with their lousey paperwork. So long ridgid!

Sorry you've had a bad experience. It's not the first time people have reported similar issues unfortunately.

I don't work for RIDGID, TTI, or Home Depot, and anything said here is my own opinion.

TTI is the company who manufacturers the tools and sells them under the RIDGID name at Home Depot.

TTI also manufacturers and sells the Ryobi and Milwaukee tool lines, as well as the AEG tool line outside
    North America of which the RIDGID tools are rebranded AEG tools.

But don't just leave, let them know on your way out why. You might think that you have done that by posting here,
    but no one is likely to see your post from RIDGID/TTI or HD because none of them monitor (or admit they do anyway)
    this forum so your comments will not be recorded. This means they won't see the negative affect their poor customer
    service policy has on future sales.

So if you want to drive the message home, hit them where it hurts, in the wallet. That only happens when you
    (and everyone else in your situation) fire off an email to RIDGID, TTI, and HD telling them how dissatified you
    are with the long time to receive a replacement battery. That is the one power the consumer has over a corporation
    that has any possibility of changing their policy.

"It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006
    "?ǝɹɐ sɹǝƃuıɟ ɹnoʎ ǝɹǝɥʍ ʍouʞ noʎ op `ʍɐs ǝlqɐʇ ɐ s,ʇı"

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1p...qcZKHyrqKhikFA

----

Comment

Last year I replaced four NiCad batteries under the LSA. These were all purchased around 2005 (two each 14.4 and 18 Volt). I heard so many stories over the years that I was hesitant making the call, and was prepared to have to argue. I heard about no body ever answering the phone, long delays, etc. To my great surprise, the phone picked up in about two or three minutes, the lady asked the serial numbers, if I had them handy, if I'd put them on my charger and tell her the 'indications'. Once confirmed that the charger said they wouldn't take a charge, she confirmed my mailing address and said she would process the replacement. About a week later I got all four batteries delivered.

That was in June, 2019. It's a shame if the process has deteriorated this much! Are you dealing directly with Ridgid or through Home Depot? Are you dealing with the 3-year warranty or the service guaranteed by the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement (LSA)?

I am in complete agreement with Bob D., don't just walk away from this. You have Rights under the LSA, they made a legal agreement with you and all the rest of us. If they aren't going to step-up and honor that, then they should be informed via more than just just a drop in sales.

CWS

Comment

It is amazing how inconsistent their CS is.
        "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006
        "?ǝɹɐ sɹǝƃuıɟ ɹnoʎ ǝɹǝɥʍ ʍouʞ noʎ op `ʍɐs ǝlqɐʇ ɐ s,ʇı"

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1p...qcZKHyrqKhikFA

----

Comment

Sounds like you got a bad repair center I never had to turn in a tool for them to test the battery. But then again I haven't taken any of my batteries to the repair center for a few years. I know this doesn't really help now but in the future call this number for batteries and chargers and they will send it to you by mail 1-877-655-5346.

Comment

A little off subject ... I had a Masterforce track saw burn up on me about 3 weeks ago. I ordered online back this past November at Menards. ( Home Center ) and in the operations instruction booklet it states you must bring it in to claim a warranty. That's not going to happen since the store is about 700 miles away... so I called the store and got a message that all communication is e-mail only..

I filled out a warranty issue form explaining my situation ... I got an e-mail back with a control number stating use this e mail to add anything else .. After 3 weeks I figured I'm up sheet creek and they just ignored it. So yesterday i decided to try once more and embellished what the saw was doing ( smoke bellowing out of motor casing and shooting fire balls out. )

To my surprise I got a response today asking for my phone # in which was giving in my reply and got a call from the store manager informing me that he has no saws in stock but is sending me a whole track saw kit at no cost to me and joked that now I'll have 16 ' of track.. I did offer to send the saw back ( it's clearly defective ) but no keep it.

Just wondering that because your in Canada you have to go thru Home depot for a battery exchange oppose to here in the US where you can call it in?

Comment

Working...
            X