X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planer depth wheel problems

I have the TP1300. When I plane, the depth wheel turns once I feed the wood into it, even though the snipe lock thingy is engaged. Any ideas? Thanks.

Have you tried tightening the allen bolt that connects the depth setting wheel to the shaft?

Comment

I have. I followed the instructions in the manual (believe it or not) that say to take the knob off, advance the snipe lock a bit, then reinstall the knob. Didn't fit it. Advanced it more - still not fixed.

What's ridgid's warranty process, say if I want to send it to them to gt it fixed?

Comment

How old is it? Might be easier to exchange it at HD

Rick
        <a href=\"http://photos.yahoo.com/rixworx\" target=\"_blank\">http://photos.yahoo.com/rixworx</a>

Comment

about 3-4 years. But I thought it came with a lifetime warranty. I surely haven't abused it - maybe 1000 linear feet at most.

Comment

I looked at my planer last night and could not find anything else that could be tightened.

Let me get this straight; You are saying that when the motor is running, and the snipe lock is engaged, the depth setting wheel will move almost a full revolution?

The wheel should be keyed so that it only fits one way. Doese the cutter head also change depth?

Comment

Desmo - you're 1/2 right. Under those conditions, it'll move about 1/2 revolution, but only once wood is fed into it. I believe the cutter head is raising as a result. i.e. the tool is trying to take a smaller bite. I'm only turning it 1/4 to 1/2 a turn per pass.

Comment

Working...
              X