Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid R3121 Jigsaw works Intermittently

Hi,

A friend of my dropped his jigsaw, since then it became intermittent, it can work once out of say 8 times you press on the activator, i took off its cover and cut out a portion of the power cord in case the problem was due to a broken cable nothing changed, any suggestions as to what can be wrong with it or should i tell him he needs to get a new one?

Thanks

You can ask your friend if has a lifetime service agreement on the saw ..... I would double check with a multi-meter to see if you have power to the switch ... The saw has a variable speed control motor that is controlled by a dial that goes to a circuit board my guess that's fine because it works intermittently ..

Do a visual check on the brushes for wear ...... You could preform a test on the armature - rotor ( have videos on the net on how to as you probably know ). Last thing you want to do is randomly ( guess ) replacing parts it could add up to a new corded Bosch a much better saw . ( from talking to others ) I own a corded AEG .

Comment

Working...
    X