No announcement yet.

Ridgid or Craftsman

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ridgid or Craftsman

    I have a used Craftsman 315-228110 Table Saw and need some basic parts. Everytime I do a search for anything about this model I get results referring to Ridgid BT 3000/3100. Are they the same basic saw?
    I need the blade guard assembly and miter fence.

    Finding parts for these older saws is a pain and not ready to buy a new one. Any suggestions on parts outlets would be appreciated.

    Also, I see a lot of Ridgid impact/screw devices in use. I need something like that and am looking for recommendations.

    Thanks in advance for your time and inpuit.

  • #2
    I am not familiar with the Sears model number, but do own the Ryobi BT3100. For awhile, Sears did have a Ryobi clone and I thought perhaps that was the number. I did a quick scan of the Sears number and got this reference on the Sears parts website. The picture it shows is NOT the Ryobi BT3100 clone, but the parts referenced does appear to be so.

    Does you saw have the sliding miter table?

    The parts you list as needing (blade guard assembly and miter fence) are no longer available from the normal suppliers but once you have determined the model, you may be able to find them on eBay.

    There is a website created years ago by fans of the Ryobi BT3-series of saws ( and there you will find lots of friendly assistance. Often you will find members who are parting out their old saws.

    Check it out and please introduce yourself there.

    I hope this helps,



    • rmdial
      rmdial commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your reply. Yes, my craftsman does have the sliding miter table which is one reason I connected the two.

      I will check out saw dust zone.

      Thanks again.