LED Light on R4221 12" Dual Bevel Sliding Mitre Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED Light on R4221 12" Dual Bevel Sliding Mitre Saw

Has anyone had their LED Light on R4221 12" Dual Bevel Sliding Mitre Saw stop working. This is the LED that casts a shadow of the blade and where it will cut.
    I've gone to all the parts sites and they all state "Part No longer Available".

Does anyone know where I might find this LED light (and smail cable assembly) pic below or know of another Ridgid tool that may have the same LED light?

Frustrating when saw is not even a year old.

Cheers!

If you can't find that assembly anywhere, break it down even more. There are always the options of replacing the entire cob (the LED and small board) and reusing the pigtail (cable assembly) or just replacing the LED on there. It most likely has the slug soldered to the board as well (the metal bottom of the LED) that acts like a heatsink, so it wouldn't be something you could do with a soldering iron, but it can be replaced.

Comment

I have the 10" version, R4210, and the same thing happened - the LED just stopped working. I went thru Gardner and replaced just the LED but that didn't fix it. Parts look identical to mine. Any luck getting yours fixed? Did you have to replace board or the switch? Thx

Comment

Did anybody ever figure out how to fix the light? I bought a new led light for it but that didn't fix it.

Comment

Did you verify the correct voltage to the LED light?
          Did you install it with the correct polarity?
          Yes LED lamps are polarity sensitive! + and -
          Typically small LED lamps use 2 to 3 Volts DC
          Too much voltage and you will destroy the LED. Wrong voltage polarity, and you will destroy the LED.

Typically a small LED bulb has a long lead and a short lead. The long lead is positive DC voltage
          Maximum current is around 2-4ma

Cactus Man

go to allelectronics.com

$1.68 each
          10 + $1.51 each
          Quantity:
          +

ADD TO CART

+ ADD TO WISHLIST

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
          • 3.2-3.4V 700 ma.
          • 200-220 lumens
          • 140? viewing angle
          • 20mm diameter heatsink with solder spots

WARNING: May cause cancer or reproductive harm.
          California Prop. 65
          Why is this here?

Last edited by cactusman; 04-27-2022, 09:28 AM.

Comment

I have problems with LEDs all the time. Maybe I'm buying low-quality products. I can find no other explanation.

Comment

I've never encountered a problem like this before.I've never encountered a problem like this before. I have the same saw, and the LED has been working for about three years without a single hint of breakage. You may have misused it or put too much voltage on the saw and caused the LED to burn out. LEDs are extremely sensitive to voltage fluctuations, which is their main disadvantage. I have never encountered the problem of an LED blowing out. I have LED bulbs installed in my house, and a couple of months ago, I ordered an LED strip for my car https://www.amazon.com/car-lights-ca.../dp/B09L86JRRM. I suggest paying attention to the reviews of the products you buy.
              Last edited by bushidojo; 05-30-2022, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackl6681 View Post
                Has anyone had their LED Light on R4221 12" Dual Bevel Sliding Mitre Saw stop working. This is the LED that casts a shadow of the blade and where it will cut.
                I've gone to all the parts sites and they all state "Part No longer Available".

Does anyone know where I might find this LED light (and smail cable assembly) pic below or know of another Ridgid tool that may have the same LED light?

Frustrating when saw is not even a year old.

Cheers!
                IF the saw is less than a year old, you should still be under warranty. Contact RIDGID CS for assistance would be the best place to start.
                "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" ? Bob D. 2006
                "?ǝɹɐ sɹǝƃuıɟ ɹnoʎ ǝɹǝɥʍ ʍouʞ noʎ op `ʍɐs ǝlqɐʇ ɐ s,ʇı"

http://cordlessworkshop.net/
                https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1p...qcZKHyrqKhikFA
                ----

Comment

Working...
                X