Alignment screw on 4514 table saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alignment screw on 4514 table saw

I noticed that the alignment of my brand new saw blade is off about a millimeter from measuring one saw blade tooth to the miter gauge, rotating that same tooth to the back and measuring again. The manual says to loosen a couple of allen screws a half turn and then turn the alignment screw until the blade is aligned. The problem is that turning the alignment screw only moves the back of the blade about half a millimeter. If i continue to turn the alignment screw, the alignment eventually gets brought back to its original position and i start from where i was. I would expect more room for adjustment than half a millimeter from the alignment screw. I'm never able to actually get the blade exactly aligned.

Do i have a defective unit? or is the alignment screw only good for half a millimeter of adjustment?

I guess you are referring to this section of the manual. This snip is from the R4513 manual, but I would expect your R4514 is very similar if not the same.

Yeah, not much to go on and no exploded diagram of the saw that I found in that manual. so you can't really see what that adjuster looks like. Sounds like it has a cam or eccentric lobe on it to make the alignment adjustment. But how much range it has can't say. I bet RIDGID Customer Service or Tech Support could. Your best bet would be to give them a call and they should be able to help you figure out why you can't get it properly aligned.

Attached Files
    "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" ? Bob D. 2006
    "?ǝɹɐ sɹǝƃuıɟ ɹnoʎ ǝɹǝɥʍ ʍouʞ noʎ op `ʍɐs ǝlqɐʇ ɐ s,ʇı"

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1p...qcZKHyrqKhikFA

----

Comment

Thanks Bob. Yep, it's pretty much exactly the same in my manual.

I've submitted the Contact Us form with my dilemma. We'll see what happens. I didn't get a confirmation that the message was received though. Hopefully it went through.

Comment

Originally posted by dadamssg View Post
        I noticed that the alignment of my brand new saw blade is off about a millimeter from measuring one saw blade tooth to the miter gauge, rotating that same tooth to the back and measuring again. The manual says to loosen a couple of allen screws a half turn and then turn the alignment screw until the blade is aligned. The problem is that turning the alignment screw only moves the back of the blade about half a millimeter. If i continue to turn the alignment screw, the alignment eventually gets brought back to its original position and i start from where i was. I would expect more room for adjustment than half a millimeter from the alignment screw. I'm never able to actually get the blade exactly aligned.

Do i have a defective unit? or is the alignment screw only good for half a millimeter of adjustment?
        Any update on this?? Same issue here.

Comment

Working...
        X