X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stanley/bostitch pneumatics?

Are these quality tools? How would you compare them to porter cable? The brad/finish nailers?
    \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

I have a Bostitch 18ga brad gun and a Porter Cable 15ga angled finish gun. Both have given me excellent service and results. Between my two guns, I would rate the Porter-Cable just a wee bit higher on the quality ladder but not enough to really make a difference. YRMV.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

BD I agree, They are both about the same level of quality. I think both are worth the money.
      Jeff

Comment

Well i just bought a reconditioned bostitch 18 ga brad nailer for under 40 bucks, comes with a 1 yr mfgr warranty. guess I did ok!

Comment

I have Stanley/Bostitch, Senco, and now Ridgid pneumatics, for framing, finishing, roofing, etc.

The Ridigd are fast becoming my favs in the air driven nailers.

I also have 3 Paslode framing and 4 (2 - 16ga. & 2 - 18ga) Paslode finish nailers.

Framing Nailer

18ga. Finish Nailer

16ga. Finish Nailer

I use my cordless nailers A LOT! On the job site it's nice not to have to drag out the compressor and hose for most jobs. There well worth the investment.

But to answer your initial question. Yes Stanley/Bostitch are good nailers.

You got a good deal on yours!
          Dimensional Carpentry & Custom Woodworking
          Historic Renovations, Restoration, & Custom Log Homes

I Beat The Competition Hammersdown!

Comment

How is ridgid winning your hearts on their air tools?

Comment

The paslodes are nice. I have a carpenter friend who has one, he builds decks. His only complaint (he has been through three of them) is that they seem not be able to stay clean. He said something about them getting gunked up and burning out. I have no idea what he is doing. As I do not do this for a living, I will probably be getting an air nailer for framing when I decide to finish my basement. My only problem there is that I need a bigger compressor to run it.

Very pleased with my bostitch. Only thing that does not seem to work is the depth setting but i have to play with it, just plugged it in to make sure it shoots. And WOW it is light.

Comment

I use a Paslode all the time, beats the heck out the hose guns that line always seems to be in the way.You cant fast fire the pasload like you can the Bostitch, if you try you can do damage and it WILL jam up on you.The Bostitch can take more abuse than the pasload in the long run.
                To the roofers out there, the bostitch is a heavy gun. We have switched over to HITACHI cause they are light and tough,a light gun means less fatigue and more square. Weight should always be considered when buying a new tool. With all said for now I will be the first one to pull the pasload outa the crib for the day ahead
                I would realy like to know how them Ridgid guns hold up.

[ 07-04-2005, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: bob bridgewater ]
                =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
                Be safe out there folks
                Bob B
                =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Comment

Working...
                X