Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ridgid's new line not as powerful as octane .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid's new line not as powerful as octane .

I was comparing there new line ( which officially was introduced this week ) of more compact brushless tools ( torque ) with there soon to be phased out OCTANE ( impact - wrench , driver ... drill driver ) and they just don't have the beans of the OCTANE line .

After watching this video of there Octane high torque impact wrench https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2qcslYO_0Q I bought one ( bare tool ) . Do I need one .. Not really . The only foreseeable regret I will have is when HD or Direct Tools liquidates them for $ 99.00 then I will have 2 .

As to battery's I have plenty of Octane with LSA and I'm not sure there new Max battery line ( most powerful ever according to RIDGID ) are any better than OCTANE .. Not sure if there Max line are running 21700 cells or 18650 .

I got some more of the Octane stuff from Direct Tool it seems like they are going backwards. I do like the size of the sub drill and use it everyday at work. But the older tools have more power then the new ones they are replacing.

Comment

Working...
    X