X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• panasonic cordless drills

anybody got one of the new ones and if so how do you like it....they claim the new 3.5 ah batteries are the stuff....hope the damn chucks arent warped like the 3 rigid drills i took back....the dewalts i looked at were even worse...

Which RIDGID drill(s) did you get that had the chuck warped ? I received the 1/2 " battery powered (12 volt) one for Christmas but hav'nt noticed any problem with the chuck, but, hav'nt used it but once or twice since I got it.
    It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

Comment

I had the same wobbly chuck issue as NODOUBT. It was in three different 18 volt hammer drills (2 from the 922 combo kit, 1 from the 9221 combo kit). Put a longer bit in there and give it a whirl. All three drills I had showed a significant wobble in the bit. Heck, on the last drill I got, the ENTIRE CHUCK wobbled!

Don't know if it affects drills other than 18 volt...

Comment

I've heard nothing but good things about the Panasonic---they had a re-call on one model that was quickly taken care of. I've been extremely pleaseed with their other electronic products----good service and support.
        Dave

Comment

yeah it was the 18 volt hammer drill in the combo...what a shame cause i really liked the drill and saw...couldnt live with the wobble...

Comment

Good point daveferg: Panasonic had a problem and quickly took care of it. Now THAT'S the way to handle a problem with your product! FWIW, I've heard nothing but good things about Panasonic cordless tools.

Comment

Panasonic is supposedly vary highly rated but I played with their cordless drill at the electrical wholesaler the other day and it seems to be made of 100% crappy plastic. It's probably rated #1 by some outfit like Consumer Reports that likes it if it's cheap, light and can put screws to drywall. For heavy duty use it doesn't look like it would last a month.

Comment

I have a Panasonic 12V with the 3.5A batteries. I disagree that it's cheap and won't last a month. I've had mine about a year-and-a-half and it's still going strong.

I looked long and hard before purchasing, and compared it against nearly every other top brand. The Panasonic is lighter, better balanced, and more powerful than any other 12V I tried, and the batteries last a lot longer than my old DeWalt's. The one-handed chuck is really nice, too, and it spins straight and true without slipping.

I highly recommend it.

Comment

Wow I guess looks can be decieving. I looked at the 18v??? model and I wasn't impressed but I didn't get to do much with it. There should be a way to try it out before you buy.

Comment

I have had a panasonic 6100y for about 7 years now. i just use it around the house. but buy repairing some of them they were a solid drill built real well. i am on the same batterys to. i have not seen many of the new models in for repair lately.
                    A fishing pole is the best cordless tool!

Comment

nodoubt: I'm surprised with the Ridgid comment! Not so surprised with the Dewalt end of it though. Heard some other people complaining about their chucks. Yeah, don't own a Panasonic, but know a few people that would tell you to go for it. They are very high quality. I would hope so, because one guy I know spent (I think) about 250 bucks on a 15.6 cordless drill.
                      <a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/buctooth\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/buctooth</a><br />Please tell us how you like the site, even if you hate it. If you want, feel free to visit the forum.

Comment

I have had two go bad in the last year. One the chuck tooth brok off, the other the switch went out. That being said, I love my panny's. as was said, light, balanced, powerful, good batteries, etc. These were the expensive ones too, about $250 apiece, not the cheap ones for $75.

Brew

Comment

Working...
                        X