X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miter SUV question

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a little help with my new MSUV/12" sliding miter. I just got both, and I mounted the MS1290LZ to the MSUV. When I went to fold it up to store it upright, I ran into a little problem. The side that the wheels are on (the lower side when stored upright) doesn't seem to latch at all in the down position.

After lowering that side, then then lowered the legs on the other side (which latch in tight) and started to raise it into the upright position - to my surprise, the table top with saw started swinging away from me as I tried to stand it up. I then held the table top/saw against the rest of the unit as I stood it upright, then slowly let it swing out - before it swung out all the way, the stand started to tip forward.

One of the things I really liked about the MSUV is that I thought I could store the saw upright and somewhat out of the way (not having a whole lot of space to work with). Is there something I missing here on the MSUV, and that's why it's not securing itself in the folded position?

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

Vince

Hmm, sounds like two things are wrong.
    First off the bolts that hold the saw to the stand need to be facing up instead of down, what happens is that the bolt sticks out underneath the table and keeps it from latching in the downward position. Really only the back two bolts need to be upwards, the two on the front can go down.

Second, the side that the saw rests on when you have it folded up and standing needs to two bolts installed to keep it set in place, otherwise it will just pivot and let the stand fall down. It's folded back in the box to make the box smaller. Fold it out, and put the bolts in. The bolts were in the same bag as the ones that you used to bolt down the saw with.

I hope that helps you. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

mr man,

Thank you so much for your help!!! It turns out I just had the first problem (I had the bottom properly bolted - it was pivoting, just tipping from being top-heavy due to not latching) - I swapped the 2 back bolts to face upwards, and the problem was solved!

Figures, I actually followed the instructions that come with the MSUV, with a diagram that very clearly shows the bolts facing down... oh well! Time to go post a suggestion to Ridgid to fix their MSUV owners manual! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks again very much for your help,
      Vince

Comment

Working...
      X