Where is the 8ah Max Output battery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it is also possible they are running higher capacity cells on the 6amp

if you search ebay for 18650 cells you can find them in 1.5amp,2amp 2.5amp and 3amp variety's traditionally in the older packs that i have taken apart a 2amp pack will have 1 row of 2amp cells. a 4amp pack will have 2 rows of 2amp 18650 cells, a 5 amp will have 2 rows of 2.5 cells. and i custom rebuilt a 4amp pack with 2 rows of 3amp cells making it a 6 amp pack in a 4 amp pack housing.
    HEY! What does this button do?

Comment

Originally posted by UTILITYMETERREPAIR View Post
      it is also possible they are running higher capacity cells on the 6amp

if you search ebay for 18650 cells you can find them in 1.5amp,2amp 2.5amp and 3amp variety's traditionally in the older packs that i have taken apart a 2amp pack will have 1 row of 2amp cells. a 4amp pack will have 2 rows of 2amp 18650 cells, a 5 amp will have 2 rows of 2.5 cells. and i custom rebuilt a 4amp pack with 2 rows of 3amp cells making it a 6 amp pack in a 4 amp pack housing.
      I didn't take pictures when i opened them up. I had lost my phone just before that unfortunately.

When i opened them up though there was absolutely no visible writing on any of the sides of the batteries that were showing. I could not rotate them and while trying to figure out a way to get them out of their harness it felt like i was going to break something so i didn't push it further. The only information i obtained was that the batteries were the same colour in both casings and from what i understand colours represent the brand and mA of that brand.

Appeared to be samsung. The entire batties are identical in everyway.

Im going to actually try and remove the tamper-proof cover on one of my other 4ah batteries without causing any visible scuffing, switch the housing to the 6ah housing, swap stickers carefully and see if i can send it in for a replacemt 6ah.

If they send me a 6ah battery with no question asked than that will tell you something really messed up.
      Last edited by Mattek; 04-25-2022, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattek View Post

I didn't take pictures when i opened them up. I had lost my phone just before that unfortunately.

When i opened them up though there was absolutely no visible writing on any of the sides of the batteries that were showing. I could not rotate them and while trying to figure out a way to get them out of their harness it felt like i was going to break something so i didn't push it further. The only information i obtained was that the batteries were the same colour in both casings and from what i understand colours represent the brand and mA of that brand.

Appeared to be samsung. The entire batties are identical in everyway.

Im going to actually try and remove the tamper-proof cover on one of my other 4ah batteries without causing any visible scuffing, switch the housing to the 6ah housing, swap stickers carefully and see if i can send it in for a replacemt 6ah.

If they send me a 6ah battery with no question asked than that will tell you something really messed up.

I would say the messed up part would be trying to scam them for a 6ah battery with a 4ah battery.

And my guess is if they even think you've opened up the battery case then the claim could be denied; but now for TWO batteries because you've cracked open two battery cases. Sounds like a lose-lose to me and not worth the trouble.

You're also assuming that no one from the company frequents this forum and happens upon your post where you lay out your intention to defraud them. So it's no accident now, you planned to do this.

People who work for RIDGID and TTI don't post on here often, hardly ever to be honest, but they DO check in here from time to time to read what people are saying so it's not beyond possibility that someone stumbles across this thread.

Of course if you do get denied it will all be part of the warranty scam right?

If you don't like my comments/opinions on your intent to defraud the company then maybe don't make them public.

Remember what Franklin said; "two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead".

As a point of information there are over 52,000 registered members of this Forum. You really think none of them work for HD, TTI, or RIDGID ?

"It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" ? Bob D. 2006
        "?ǝɹɐ sɹǝƃuıɟ ɹnoʎ ǝɹǝɥʍ ʍouʞ noʎ op `ʍɐs ǝlqɐʇ ɐ s,ʇı"

http://cordlessworkshop.net/
        https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1p...qcZKHyrqKhikFA
        ----

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post

I would say the messed up part would be trying to scam them for a 6ah battery with a 4ah battery.

And my guess is if they even think you've opened up the battery case then the claim could be denied; but now for TWO batteries because you've cracked open two battery cases. Sounds like a lose-lose to me and not worth the trouble.

You're also assuming that no one from the company frequents this forum and happens upon your post where you lay out your intention to defraud them. So it's no accident now, you planned to do this.

People who work for RIDGID and TTI don't post on here often, hardly ever to be honest, but they DO check in here from time to time to read what people are saying so it's not beyond possibility that someone stumbles across this thread.

Of course if you do get denied it will all be part of the warranty scam right?

If you don't like my comments/opinions on your intent to defraud the company then maybe don't make them public.

Remember what Franklin said; "two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead".

As a point of information there are over 52,000 registered members of this Forum. You really think none of them work for HD, TTI, or RIDGID ?
          I'm not offended by any means. Lol. Perhaps the point of me being blatently open about this "scam" is intentional so that they do see what I'm saying here, and word trickles up to someone who can change the situation so

1-we aren't buying 4ah batteries with a 6ah sticker on the housing

2- they can avoid this from happening by just giving us a proper 6ah battery and in turn it would prevent anyone else thinking of this "scam"

because i assure you 100%, without doubt. if you can remove tamper proof cap and swap everything flawlessly, they wouldn't know the damn difference.

Either way you look at it, and whatever the result may be from my actions, customer justice will be the end result.
          Last edited by Mattek; 04-26-2022, 08:24 AM.

Comment

heres another test you can do on the 4 and 6 amp batteries. I have the 3 panel folding light, when i put in a 4 amp on full brightness they run for around 140 minutes.
            so if you have one and put in your 4 amp you should get around 140 min ( a little over 2 hours) if you put in the 6amp you should get 50% more so that would be around 210 minutes.

even if you dont have the panel light, if you have a spot light that would work well too.

Comment

Originally posted by UTILITYMETERREPAIR View Post
              heres another test you can do on the 4 and 6 amp batteries. I have the 3 panel folding light, when i put in a 4 amp on full brightness they run for around 140 minutes.
              so if you have one and put in your 4 amp you should get around 140 min ( a little over 2 hours) if you put in the 6amp you should get 50% more so that would be around 210 minutes.

even if you dont have the panel light, if you have a spot light that would work well too.
              I have the panel light. Ill have to record it because i can't watch a light for 2.5 hours lol

Comment

I make a note of the starting time, leave the light running in the back of my shop while im in the shop, when the battery gets low it starts flashing. I ignore it until I see the flashes then i take note when it finally shuts off.

Comment

Id step out and miss it 100%

I might tske another 2 batteries apart to see if ibwas just unlucky about the writing on the batteries

Comment

place a clock next to the light and record the scene with a camera. actually you don't even need a clock, the video time will tell you when it happened.

no camera? use an old cell phone, many have a built-in time lapse function or use a GoPro.

----

Comment

They are NOT the same battery.

My 4.0 Ah Max Output ran my 3-gallon Ridgid shop vac for 13:30 min. The 6.0 Ah Max Output I just received ran it for 17:22 min. End of debate.

PS. My 6.0 Ah Octane ran it for 19:00 min.
                      Last edited by FatFrank; 05-03-2022, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FatFrank View Post
                        ................ End of debate.
                        Don't be so sure of that. That's a pretty bold statement from someone who hasn't been here all that long.
                        The Leading Cause Of Injury In Older Men Is Them Thinking They Are Still Young Men.

Comment

I performed a 9 ah Octane battery run time test on my 3 gallon RIDGID vac . Fatfrank above has the results with Octane 6ah

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2022-05-03-14-30-52-004.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	2.95 MB
ID:	752524

Fully charged right off the charger ( Octane's will lose some charge while dormant )

With a fairly clean filter at no load it ran 28:11 till caput .

As always I strive to be transparent ( ) and with RIDGID Octane app my 9ah battery is as follows

manufactured date 8-16-18

date of service 2-19-20

total recharge cycles 83

temp after vac discharge 120 degrees

I don't own any of the newer batteries but I'm sure that TTI's RIDGID ( baby from another mother ) 4 & 6 Max batteries are not the same as FatFrank demonstrated in his test.

Comment

"I don't own any of the newer batteries but I'm sure that TTI's RIDGID ( baby from another mother ) 4 & 6 Max batteries are not the same as FatFrank demonstrated in his test."

Meaning what, that your batteries are not from TTI?

ALL RIDGID branded cordless tools and their batteries regardless of their age were/are manufactured by TTI, and are RIDGID only in name.

----

Comment

• drainman scott
                              drainman scott commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I have RIDGID Octane and Hyper Li batteries all manufactured by TTI under a License agreement ... I do not own any of there newer Max output or Lithium 2 & 4ah batteries .. I also have RIDGID red batteries for RIDGID red tools manufactured by Emerson Electric ... along with Milwaukee ( TTI owned ) and Ryobi Manufactured by TTI under a license agreement batteries . Sorry for the confusion .

Originally posted by FatFrank View Post
                            They are NOT the same battery.

My 4.0 Ah Max Output ran my 3-gallon Ridgid shop vac for 13:30 min. The 6.0 Ah Max Output I just received ran it for 17:22 min. End of debate.

PS. My 6.0 Ah Octane ran it for 19:00 min.
                            Ok well i took them apart and visually saw that they are Identical internally. They weigh the exact same and they have the exact same dimensions.

Your test could have been run with a semi depleted 4ah that still showed 4 bars of power vs an actual full to capacity 6ah for all we know.

At least my claims can be verified by anyone who takes a minute to look at the batteries lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattek View Post

Ok well i took them apart and visually saw that they are Identical internally. They weigh the exact same and they have the exact same dimensions.

Your test could have been run with a semi depleted 4ah that still showed 4 bars of power vs an actual full to capacity 6ah for all we know.

At least my claims can be verified by anyone who takes a minute to look at the batteries lol.

Both the 4.0 Ah Max Output (maybe two-three charge cycles) and 6.0 Ah Max Output batteries I used are new. I have 17 Ridgid batteries in total, many of them new. I don't doubt you believe they are the same battery, but my test makes it clear they are not. Furthermore, I don't believe for a minute ITT/Ridgid would pull a stunt like that. That just makes no sense on any level for the company to do that.

My full tests using my Ridgid 3 Gal 18V Shop Vac

2.0 Ah 7:11
                              3.0 Ah Octane: 10:32
                              4.0 Ah (old style) 12:28
                              4.0 Ah (new style) 13:40
                              4.0 Ah Max 13:30
                              6.0 Ah Max 17:22
                              6.0 Ah Octane 19:00

I didn't bother testing with the 9.0 Ah Octane

PS. I'm curious why you simply haven't compared both batteries for runtime yourself?
                              Last edited by FatFrank; 05-05-2022, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X