NEW 3650

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW 3650

Home Depot just opened up a new store in Jacksonville, NC and I treated them pretty well with a purchse of a Ridgid 12" CSMS and the 3650 table saw. Pleased with both particularly with the miter saw that replaced a Craftsman CSMS that I could never keep in alignment. Since I had it less than a year they gave me my money back and it went for the Ridgid.
    Aside from all those who experienced problems with the motor making noise and other ailments, my asembly went very well and the saw works fine. I have not done a check for parallelism yet but will since I just got my dial indicator.
    Does anyone know a source where I can get those square head 1/4 - 20 x 5/8" bolts used to place a a piece of wood on the fence face for protection? I used those that came with the saw for one side of the fence but would like to protect the other side as well.
    Okay enough for now -- back to making sawdust.

You need to browse around in the hardware dept at your favorite store and think creatively.

1/4-20 carriage bolts will work if you file the head to be flat on opposing sides so it will fit in the slot. The big plus is you can get these up to 4" long and maybe even longer so can be used in many jigs in future projects.

1/4-20 closet bolts, though brass, may work too. You will most likely find these in the plumbing section.

Comment

Originally posted by jerrbitt:
      Home Depot just opened up a new store in Jacksonville, NC and I treated them pretty well with a purchse of a Ridgid 12" CSMS and the 3650 table saw. Pleased with both particularly with the miter saw that replaced a Craftsman CSMS that I could never keep in alignment. Since I had it less than a year they gave me my money back and it went for the Ridgid.
      Aside from all those who experienced problems with the motor making noise and other ailments, my asembly went very well and the saw works fine. I have not done a check for parallelism yet but will since I just got my dial indicator.
      Does anyone know a source where I can get those square head 1/4 - 20 x 5/8" bolts used to place a a piece of wood on the fence face for protection? I used those that came with the saw for one side of the fence but would like to protect the other side as well.

Comment

I have used 1/4" hex head bolts. If you pull them tight into the slot while you tighten the nut, they will stay just like the square bolts

Comment

I get all of my bolts and hardwear from http://www.woodpeck.com/ great place to do bussiness with.

Brian

Originally posted by jerrbitt:

Comment

I've been using 1/4" carriage bolts. I have to do some slight grinding to create flats on two sides of the head so it fits in the slot.

Comment

I've been using 1/4" carriage bolts. I have to do some slight grinding to create flats on two sides of the head so it fits in the slot.

Comment

Working...
              X