Shaky Guard - Cordless Ridgid Miter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaky Guard - Cordless Ridgid Miter

Just picked up a 7 1/4 cordless Ridgid, took it out the box and noticed the blade guard is pretty flimsy when you move it side to side and when you do that it also moves the cover plate it’s attached too. I noticed that cover plate has two screws but the one is backed off a bit to allow the cover plate to swing up when changing blades. Is this normal? Thinking it will rattle and be annoying when In use. Over all quality looks good but wondering if the guard is supposed to be like that.
    Last edited by Peteprepper; 03-13-2022, 09:29 PM.

greetings and welcome to the fourm. I'm not familiar with your specific product but wanted to say hi!
    there are others here that should respond within a few days.
    HEY! What does this button do?

Comment

I think your best options if this was recently purchased are:

#1 contact customer Service on the phone and get their take on it.

If that doesn't get you where you want to be then your
      #2 option is return it for a replacement (same make/model).

If that's not to your liking return for a refund and purchase a
      different model/brand tool.

Unfortunately there is no one that represents RIDGID Powertools on
      here who will answer you questions or address your concerns.
      "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" ? Bob D. 2006
      "?ǝɹɐ sɹǝƃuıɟ ɹnoʎ ǝɹǝɥʍ ʍouʞ noʎ op `ʍɐs ǝlqɐʇ ɐ s,ʇı"

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute
      http://www.cordlessworkshop.net
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1p...qcZKHyrqKhikFA
      ----

Comment

I think what you're describing is fairly normal. The blade guards on all of the miter saws I've ever owned have never been completely ridgid. As far as rattling and being annoying when being used is concerned, the noise of the saw when being used will far exceed any rattling noise you may experience. Enjoy your new purchase.
        The Leading Cause Of Injury In Older Men Is Them Thinking They Are Still Young Men.

Comment

• Bob D.
          Bob D. commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought he was asking about a 7-1/4 circular saw.

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
        I think what you're describing is fairly normal. The blade guards on all of the miter saws I've ever owned have never been completely ridgid. As far as rattling and being annoying when being used is concerned, the noise of the saw when being used will far exceed any rattling noise you may experience. Enjoy your new purchase.
        I think your right, I was in Kent and checked the dewalt saws and they also had the shaky guard.
        Talked to the Customer service rep and they said if it’s not falling off they think it is normal lol. It’s the screw on the cover plate is purposely not tight so that the cover plate swings up and down on it for a blade change. Looks like part of the design. Thanks for the reply

Comment

Tighten the screw. You just need to remember to loosen it to change the blade.

Comment

Working...
          X