X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overload protection

Brandman, do the cordless drills have it?

[ 11-01-2003, 08:46 AM: Message edited by: steb ]

This is an important feature. When the motor bogs, or because of resistance can't spin the chuck, it will keep the motor from overheating, and smoking. If the 18volt x2 ridgid has this feature, then I will repurchase it . Please respond Brandman.

Comment

Still waiting for a reply. This issue concerns me, because every time the drill smoke, damage is being done even tho the drill may continue to work.

[ 11-02-2003, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: steb ]

Comment

I just got an 18v X2 and I will tell you this. It will rip your hand off before it bogs down or stops.

Dwayne

Comment

The Ridgid cordless does not have overload protection. Overload protection was popular about 5 years ago but it really failed to work, protect and made it very frustrating to the user who had to wait for the unit to reset (cool down) and that was enough to make many PRO's through the tools away that had them. DeWalt, Bosch and all others that I am aware of do not have overload protection on their cordless.

Comment

Now that I think about it, I had a makita drill(10 years ago) that had a reset switch on it and it was a big pain. If the drill slowed down at all it would trip and there I was waiting for it to cool.

Dwayne

Comment

Working...
            X