X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to buy bs 1400 riser block????????? not at HD no more

can anyone tell me where to buy a riser for the bs1400 the hd doesnt sell them anymore, id like to buy form a store, im in louisville,ky, its kind of sad just bought the saw a month ago and cant get acc. at the HD wheres the LOVE

[ 02-06-2004, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: goldfinger111 ]

I would have to say give it 6 months to a year before any riser blocks make it to HD shelfs. Not that I know squat, but I bet it's a good WAG. If you need one sooner, you have to call Ridgid Parts and order it, or search Ebay, or you might get lucky and a fellow woodworker here will find an oldy n moldy that will purchase it and ship it to you for cost.

I wish you luck!!!
    John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

sorry to be a bit ignorant, but I have seen many threads about riser blocks. Can someone please explain to me what a riser block is and what it is used for. Also, I have an old rockwell band saw. Was my fathers butI sort of inherited it. Just started using the saw, and was wondering ifI needed a riser block, what ever that is. Where could I purchase one, if I need it, for my saw.

Thanks in advance

Jim

Comment

If you end up ordering one, I would recommend going to ordertree.com & getting it there. The reason is that when I CALLED Ridgid parts, I was quoted a price around $95 + S/H. I got the same thing from ordertree.com for $69.92 delivered.

Yes, it took about 2.5 months to get it, but that was due to the quality control/backorder issues they were having at Ridgid.

Kevin

Comment

A riser block adds cutting height to your bandsaw. In the case of the Ridgid, you go from cutting 6" tall stock to 12" tall stock. It is primarily used if you "resaw" wood. For example, you buy a 1x4 board & resaw it into TWO 3/8 x 4 boards.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by goldfinger111:
            can anyone tell me where to buy a riser for the bs1400 the hd doesnt sell them anymore,
            You might want to check into the Jet riser kit. I can't say from personal experience, but have read that the Jet riser kit is exactly the same kit as the Ridgid.

In fact that was what I was looking for when I logged on here. Then I read your posting.

Comment

called ridgid about a riser block. was told to order through home depot. ordertree no longer stocks them. cost me $65 and was told about 5 days to get it. has only been 3, so we will see if it shows up on time.

Comment

Thom,

FYI, I checked again today & the riser block can be ordered from ordertree.com's website. Just go to Order Now page & search for part# AC5005. I suppose the Ridgid rep could have meant ordertree doesn't "stock" them because I believe they are a "special order" item for ordertree.

However, it sounds like it will be a little more expensive (about $4) than ordering at HD.

Kevin

Comment

HD in Willistoon, VT has one. I just returned my bandsaw after about a month. I also returned the riser block. It's a great deal. I got it for 35.00. It was marked down and I never opened the box. I returned my badsaw after some vibration. I also ordered a miter and rail. I was called by HD to let me know that they are BO and won't be in till mid March and mid May. Just to long for me. I am still waiting for the tire. It's be almost four weeks on that. Just to long.

Comment

Working...
                  X