Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8.0 Ah Max Output Battery Release?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 8.0 Ah Max Output Battery Release?

    Anyone heard when the 8.0 Ah Max Output Battery is going to be released to market? I've emailed Ridgid and messaged them on Facebook awhile ago.. no response.

  • #2
    Guess that would be a, no!

    Comment


    • #3
      I am surprised you didn't get a response on FB. Here not a chance but FB, Twitter, or IG they
      are usually all over questions like that, even if it's "I'll check into it and get back to you".
      "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" ? Bob D. 2006
      "?ǝɹɐ sɹǝƃuıɟ ɹnoʎ ǝɹǝɥʍ ʍouʞ noʎ op `ʍɐs ǝlqɐʇ ɐ s,ʇı"

      http://cordlessworkshop.net/
      https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1p...qcZKHyrqKhikFA
      ----

      Comment


      • #4
        Ive spoken to several reps and they said they cant release that information, yadda yadda.

        Last week i got the best answer yet and i was told that the high torque hammerdrill and 8ah will be available for purchase soon

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mattek View Post
          Ive spoken to several reps and they said they cant release that information, yadda yadda.

          Last week i got the best answer yet and i was told that the high torque hammerdrill and 8ah will be available for purchase soon
          Interesting. I wonder how it will compare to the 1300 ft-lbs Octane hammer drill with the 9 Ah Octane battery. I have two of them and they are complete beasts. I use one for mixing thinset day in and day out.

          Comment


          • Bob D.
            Bob D. commented
            Editing a comment
            That's interesting. I didn't know car salespeople spent their days mixing grout. I guess car sales are slow. :-)

        • #6
          Originally posted by FatFrank View Post
          .

          Interesting. I wonder how it will compare to the 1300 ft-lbs Octane hammer drill with the 9 Ah Octane battery. I have two of them and they are complete beasts. I use one for mixing thinset day in and day out.
          Well, from what ive seen the Octane hammerdrill could never actually hit the 1300 in lb that it was rated for and only came close to it when using a fully charged 3ah octane battery because of its 21700 cells.

          Which was the problem with all of the octane line - the tools couldn't reach their rated specifications (except for the impact wrenches) so they revamped with the brushless and maxoutput lines which hit and exceed the numbers they're rated for.

          That said, the octane hammerdrill was still really powerful and an amazing hamerdrill. However, i believe without a doubt that the new hammerdrill with the 8ah 21700 celled max output battery will leave the octane counterpart in the dust.


          Here's what ridgid told me about thd hammerdrill when i asked today
          Attached Files

          Comment


          • #7
            Originally posted by Mattek View Post

            Well, from what ive seen the Octane hammerdrill could never actually hit the 1300 in lb that it was rated for and only came close to it when using a fully charged 3ah octane battery because of its 21700 cells.

            Which was the problem with all of the octane line - the tools couldn't reach their rated specifications (except for the impact wrenches) so they revamped with the brushless and maxoutput lines which hit and exceed the numbers they're rated for.

            That said, the octane hammerdrill was still really powerful and an amazing hamerdrill. However, i believe without a doubt that the new hammerdrill with the 8ah 21700 celled max output battery will leave the octane counterpart in the dust.


            Here's what ridgid told me about thd hammerdrill when i asked today

            I'm not sure any drill by any brand ever actually hits their often inflated numbers. All I know is I haven't come across a single hammer drill comparison video where the Octane didn't get glowing reviews as being the most powerful on the market. I just watched one against the Milwaukee Fuel's rated 1200 in lbs. In a comparison test of 50 drills and hammer drills done by protoolreviews, the Ridgid came in second in both categorizes over all and first for the most torque.

            https://www.protoolreviews.com/tools...8611506/46608/

            In any event I'm more than happy with my two and would be surprised if the new one had more torque, but more power to Ridgid if it does.

            Comment


            • #8
              Originally posted by FatFrank View Post


              I'm not sure any drill by any brand ever actually hits their often inflated numbers. All I know is I haven't come across a single hammer drill comparison video where the Octane didn't get glowing reviews as being the most powerful on the market. I just watched one against the Milwaukee Fuel's rated 1200 in lbs. In a comparison test of 50 drills and hammer drills done by protoolreviews, the Ridgid came in second in both categorizes over all and first for the most torque.

              https://www.protoolreviews.com/tools...8611506/46608/

              In any event I'm more than happy with my two and would be surprised if the new one had more torque, but more power to Ridgid if it does.
              Im not trying to downplay the octane, hell i jusr ordered the last one available in North America which should arrive today.


              But hey, i spoke to ridgid again

              https://youtube.com/shorts/zurPbm5y9TQ?feature=share

              Comment


              • #9
                Originally posted by Mattek View Post

                Im not trying to downplay the octane, hell i jusr ordered the last one available in North America which should arrive today.


                But hey, i spoke to ridgid again

                https://youtube.com/shorts/zurPbm5y9TQ?feature=share
                Thanks. Since last year they were saying the 8.0 Ah Max Output battery was supposed to come out this spring, now they're saying October?! Dang, well only half of a year behind schedule! Don't have much use for the new hammer drill, even if it is more powerful. My Octane's have more than enough power for my use.

                Comment

                Working...
                X