Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr man, when I use a circular saw I do not use it sitting a couple inches away from my side. Even on the most normal of rips or cross-cuts the saw is easily a foot or so away from my body. Happy to say this maybe why I still have all my didgits, and other appendiges.

Comment

Ok, that actually helps my point even more, your hand is even more at a angle, in fact, I just tried with the cordless circ saw, when I put my arm out at 1 foot, it almost pefectly matches up with the angle of the saws handle.

Comment

Forgot to add, that that being said, I don't mean your wrong in any way or form, just trying to shed light as to why its at the angle it is.
        Everyone is different in what they want.

Comment

I think ordin65 should go to HD and buy a set of x2 and actually try it out before he voice such an opinionated remarks on the tools. What have you got to lose, you have a 90 day no question asked return warranty. I did. So far I am impressed with the design of the tools. I too, have been in the business for over 25 years. I now have 24v bosch, a few yellow 18v and a bunch of portercable.

Comment

TY Candubob,

How can odin possibly pass judgement on something he knows NOTHING about? Seeing them on the peg board at HD surely doesnt qualify. Odin, just give em a chance. RIDGID didn't just buy into a whimsickle, born to lose prospect on this one. I'm certain that at some point, many popular companies that manufacture hand held cordless power tools came under doubt. Despite the color they display, they all have good products to offer and some bad ones. But to say a complete line is inferior is just unreasonable. I own/owned products sold by Porter Cable, DeWalt, Makita, Bosch, Craftsman, and even Hitachi. I like them all, but I'm willing to replace them all if there is another tool that performs better for my own needs. As a contractor myself, I believe that I do need my tools to perform at a minutes notice. They all have thus far, and not just because I trust the RIDGID name. I've not hardened my own mind into believing one tool company has all of the answers. And, I certainly don't express opionins about tool lines based on how the tools feel in my hands. Buy a RIDGID........you can return it in the next 90 days if you don't like it. If you only purchase one tool for a single day and return the tool, at least you can tell us all of the difficulties you've had and hopefully the NO HASSLE policy if you honestly choose to return it. TY odin!!!!! I hope you have a wonderful evening. Test it and then tell us. I'm in the test phase myself right now.
            SO FAR SO GOOD!!!!!
            We are all born with the equal oppurtunity to become unequal.

Comment

just came back from a day of demolition. Borrowed a 18v ridgid recip. saw. The performance is so so. It can only be expected from a battery operated recip saw. Still making a little bit of a funny noise by the end of the day. A lot of 2 bys has gone by the saw though. Still for demol work, I think the milw or the portercable tiger corded saw is the way to go. Will keep everyone informed on what's going on. I recently purchased the articulating tigersaw and it is great for tight spots in trimming 2bys. I used it like a jig saw sometimes. The drill from ridgid worked well though. At least equal to the 24V bosch I am using now.

Will try anything AT LEAST ONCE!!!!!

Comment

Testing the 4 piece combo now. Drill is too heavy - I am spoiled with the power to weight ratio of Panasonics. Recip saw sucks - blades fall out, saftey switch is a real pain. Flashlight is ok, but something I will rarely use. Thought the circular saw was pretty decent though. Charger fan noise is annoying, would be nice if the fan would shut off once battery was charged. Find it rather annoying that none of the Home Depots in my area carry extra batteries. When I asked about them, the sales guy tried to convince me that there was no need for more than two batteries. Guess while I wait an hour (30 minute diagoses and 30 minute charge) for a battery to charge I should just swap the remaining battery between the drill and saw so I can keep working, or maybe that means I am supposed to take a break for an hour. Think the whole kit will be going back. The lifetime battery replacement seemed like a good deal, but, who wants a an inferior tool for a lifetime?

Comment

I need a new cordless drill and had narrowed my choice to the DeWalt and the Ridgid. Most of the research I came across on the internet said more about the reviewer than the drills. I went back to Home Depot to look at them side by side and finally learned what I needed to know. Home Depot's tool rental department rents out DeWalt cordless drills. Color me Yellow !

Comment

Working...
                  X