how picky can you be?!?!?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how picky can you be?!?!?!

I rarely complian,it is just the way i am,and what I am about to say does not apply to all of you just a hand full. If you dont like your Ridgid tools fine. If you would like to express your self and say I have a problem does any one else have the same problem fine.I have no problem with you guys at all but when you come here and say I have gone though 5 cordless drills and they are junk ..... guess what you need a corded tool because you are abuseing them!It is not the tools that are the problem at that point it is you and if you tell me that you used a differnt drill before Ridgid than please by all means go back and keep burning those tools up.For those of you that say I hate my saw because it puts saw dust on my floor ...... hey so does mine that is why i have a broom and a shovel trust me when I say I can have a dc system I have a 1200 sq ft shop and you will never see one of those systems in my shop I just am not that lazy and I also do not care for them I do know some of you have them and that is fine I am sure I have things in my shop that you guys dont like either"shovel and a broom haha "and for you guy that hate that the tools because they are made in china .......... get a life please those workers are just that workers just like you yes I do not care for the fact that they are made there but I can not seem to find any 100% usa power tools either so I just live with it.Yes parts are an issue I can understand those problems same as the arbor issue that ridgid has resolved. bottom line is this,this is a place to freely talk about tools all tools. All tools have pros all tools have cons but dont get your pantys all up in a bunch and slam the tools at every chance you get lord knows I could do that with dewalt for days and days.Again sorry if this offends any one
    9/11/01, never forget.

Well said.

Comment

But I like getting my panties in a bunch. LOL Just teasin, good post, and true.
      info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Agree with most of what you said----BUT, if you think the answer to failing cordless tool is to buy corded----you're simply buying the wrong cordless tools.
        Dave

Comment

I agree with you Chevy. Good post.
          Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by daveferg:
            Agree with most of what you said----BUT, if you think the answer to failing cordless tool is to buy corded----you're simply buying the wrong cordless tools.
            Dave, he is referring to a corded as maybe the guy can't tear it up as easy. His problems are not the tool, the operator. LOL
            info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

chevy......well said, Well said! You'd the man!

Comment

Well put,
                I have a co-worker that almost brags about telling me all the tools he broke. I have used a few of these tools after he did and i'm not suprised. we had a new blade on our bandsaw and the next day the blade was junk. I broke the chuck on my cordless drill and he won't let me hear the end of it. What really take s the cake is that he tells me i can't use certain tools for some jobs.

MY 18V IMPACT DRIVER WORKS GREAT DRIVING SELF-TAPPING SCREWS INTO METAL. After driving a screw in with my impact driver my corker tried to use my 18v dewalt and coudn't back the screw out.

[ 11-05-2005, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: Polar Sparky 1224 ]
                "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
                "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

All tools have pros all tools have cons but dont get your pantys all up in a bunch and slam the tools at every chance you get lord knows I could do that with dewalt for days and days.Again sorry if this offends any one..end quote,yours.

Thats right!!
                  I for one being a former HVAC owner and canuk tradesman have used many brands.
                  There good and bad(should I say politically correct"differing") in ALL brands.
                  Enjoy your tools and be safe.
                  Compare/Debate your tools in a friendly manner and have fun.

Comment

"I say I can have a dc system I have a 1200 sq ft shop and you will never see one of those systems in my shop I just am not that lazy and I also do not care for them I do know some of you have them and that is fine"

Oldslowchevy

Having a Dc system isn't about being lazy or not lazy & your right everyone has the right to have what they want in their shop. I grew up in a shop where we had to sweep every day. My reason is because there is an office directly in front of my shop & if I didn't have a DC & shop vac in only 1 day the carpet in the office would look terrible. My DC displayed here...
                    http://bartswoodshop.freeservers.com/photo.html

I wish I had 1200 SQ. Ft. .

Comment

A DC is about more than just removing sawdust easily. It's FAR better for your health. Breathing sawdust is not healthy, and a good DC system with an appropriate filter is an effective way to reduce health risks and improve shop quality.

Comment

Originally posted by papadan:
                        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by daveferg:
                        Dave, he is referring to a corded as maybe the guy can't tear it up as easy. His problems are not the tool, the operator. LOL </font>[/QUOTE]Uh---PapaDan---LYAO for all I care---you missed the point----chalking up all the complaints about Ridgid Cordless to abuse is totally off the wall. Is it abuse when one of their charges smokes? Or--their batteries won't hold a charge?

I think people have a perfect right to voice this disapproval if one line of tools isn't up to snuff. Ridgid puts out some really nice tools---but with their rapid line expansion over the last two years----you'd have to be in LaLa land to believe that every single tool is a winner.
                        Dave

Comment

bench dog
                          I totally agree. Thats why I have the big pleated filter on top of my DC & I am going to change over to 6" duct to better collect dust. You'll noticed I said dust not chips or sawdust because you need 6” ducting 800 or more CFM to get the dust at the machine & you can't get this with an average 12" DC using 4" ducting it is the fine dust that is doing the harm to your lungs. Once the dust is in your lungs there is no getting it out.

Say Oldslowchevy
                          Do you still start your Chevy with a crank or run your power tools off a line shaft. We have learned a lot over the last 50 or so years. One of the things we have learned is that dust from all wood is a carcinogen that means that it is poison to the human body. This is why all commercial shops are required by law to have engineered dust collections systems that meet federal & state approval. Its not about chip collection but rather dust collection. Dust that is harmful to your respiratory system. If you don't want to protect your lungs for yourself how about doing it for your family so they won't have to watch you suffer & struggle to take care of you as you suffer. This is the same line I say to self centered smokers. Sometime it not about what you do to yourself but what you make others suffer through because of your self centered attitude.

Go to the below URL & read & learn.

http://billpentz.com/woodworking/cyc...Conversion.cfm

Comment

hummmmmmmmm i really did not know that i will have to look into that more to be honest i have been having problems breathing but i do smoke 1-2 packs a day and have been for the last 12 years i i belive it is more of a result of that then any thing else but the saw dust might be apart of the problem also and yes i do have i plan to stop smoking and will take me a year to do it the way i have it planned it is not like i can stop in one day i have tried that a few times and well that is just not a good idea for me to do i get real mean and nastyso limiting myself of where i smoke so far have been working
                            9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

some people just like to complain at every tiny little teeney weeney details, it seems.. well said, chevy!!

Comment

Working...
                              X