Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Tools! New to the forums! New House!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tools! New to the forums! New House!

Just picked up a 4pc. Ridgid set at HD. Planning to do a small demo this weekend in the kithcen. Just bought a townhouse sight unseen and there were no indications that it would need more than new flooring and new paint! Since I'm going to be installing new baseboard and crown, any recommendations on an affordable, accurate chop saw? -j [img]smile.gif[/img]

10" Sliding Compound Miter Saw - Makita LS1013
    12" Sliding Compound Miter Saw - See 10" SCMS
    10" Compound Miter Saw - Porter-Cable or DeWalt
    12" Compound Miter Saw - DeWalt

These will meet the accurate part, not sure about the affordable part.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Thanks for the info Dave. I don't need an SCMS (although it WOULD be nice) so I'll look into the regular 10"CMs. Oh, and the kitchen demo never happened. Had to instead do the "master" closet. And how do they get away with calling it a master just because it's like 2 sq. ft. larger than the other room? The drywall was bulging so we took it all down to stud, letting it dry out right now so I can put up the roofing paper before the new drywall goes up. Sorry, the only tool I got to use was the recip. It worked like a dream, kept most of it clean until my brother got there to help and started ripping the walls down by hand. Funny thing. The flashlight bulb burned out. Like, I didn't drop it, didn't leave it on for too long, etc. replaced it with the spare, just kinda weird. I actually like the light, set it down on the battery and it stays, sort of like a mini 6v lantern. I miss that DW though. That was probably the best tool in their cordless line-up. lol [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
      X