X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come out and play...

Looks like the Ridgid Reps are on vacation or just don't care about these boards.

I was sucked in by the lifetime warranty this past december, and picked up a drill, recip saw, 12 scms, contractor table saw as well as other tools. I was a instant Ridgid fan and loved showing off my new tools I thought I could have for a lifetime. Now not to long ago the warranty was pulled and after getting to know my new tools I find their downfalls. I am happy with the tools don't get me wrong, just worries me that there seems to be no interest from the company here on the company's own forum. Makes me think of what I will encounter if I need a tool serviced...

TAC ole buddy, have no fear, your lifetime warranty wasn't pulled, you still got it. The lifetime warranty that was in effect when you purchased your tools was a promotion that RIDGID was running at that time. The promotion expired on 01/31/04 and then their warranty reverted back to the normal 3 or 4 year warranty, I forget which it is. Also,save yourself an antacid tablet or two and don't worry about an imaginary service problem on tools that haven't needed any servicing yet. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Badger, how's it going. Thanks for the reply, and I have a question. I've seen you posted a topic about zero clearance inserts, and I have seen one on the acc. page here at ridgid. It had no slot for the blade, how do you use it and what is the purpose. On my csms the two orange panels can be adjusted inward towards the blade, what is the reason to have no space between the blade and the table. Must sound like a dumb question but I really don't get it.

Comment

You need to cut the slot in the insert. It comes solid due to the fact that they don't know what type of blade you'll be using, i.e. thin kerf or regular. Zero clearance inserts are primarily used to help keep the sawdust down and to prevent small chips from falling into the saws inards.

Comment

The greatest value of Zero clearance inserts is to prevent splintering on the workpiece as the blade exits the bottom of the workpiece.

By the way, research the new Razor blade from Porter-Cable. I have one for every saw and LOVE it!

One more thing. Contractors just finished wiring my new oversized, two-car garage/workshop. Soon as I return from vacation, I start insulating, hanging drywall and plywood on the walls and building and hanging custom pantries, cabinets and mobile workbenches. The drill/driver from my new 3-piece Ridgid 18V cordless is going to get a workout! WOOHOO! I'll probably use my corded Dewalt deck/drywall gun I already had to finish the walls due to the weight of the 18V cordless drill. But I will be using the Ridgid cordless when I build and install my cabinets and other goodies.

Finally! The workshop I've always wanted. I was just thinking yesterday, if my father was still alive, I would never be able to get him to go home. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 04-29-2004, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: George ]

Comment

Originally posted by George:
            The greatest value of Zero clearance inserts is to prevent splintering on the workpiece as the blade exits the bottom of the workpiece.
            George is absolutely correct of course. One more point, once you've installed and used one I guarantee that you'll never go back to the stock insert. I keep blanks around for making new ones for dado sizes and angle cuts that I've never cut before.

Comment

Working...
            X