RIDGID Factory 'Reconditioned' / 'Refurbished'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RIDGID Factory 'Reconditioned' / 'Refurbished'

call it spamming or whatever you want. i am just letting people know there are other places than home depot to get reconditioned tools. also for all of you that were wondering about the quality of factory reconditioned tools, they are tested to the exact same standards as brand new. so if you trust ridgids new products there should be no trust issue with their reconditioned stuff. buy them from whoever you want but home depot is not the only place. that is all i was saying. sorry to come across as a spammer but as a business owner that carries these products i felt it necessary to take part in discussions about the reconditioned tools and read the opinions of the people that use them (myself included). i find it important to research products that i am interested in carrying before i take the plunge. excuse me for being thorough. i am also an advocate of informing someone that they have been misinformed.

Comment

Originally posted by ProBrand View Post
      However, since you brought it up. Where do you buy the RIDGID reconditioned product for resale? I am curious.
      I used to get recon Ridgid tools from Cummings but can't find them now?

What up?

Comment

Originally posted by buckeyeyardproducts View Post
        call it spamming or whatever you want. i am just letting people know there are other places than home depot to get reconditioned tools. also for all of you that were wondering about the quality of factory reconditioned tools, they are tested to the exact same standards as brand new. so if you trust ridgids new products there should be no trust issue with their reconditioned stuff. buy them from whoever you want but home depot is not the only place. that is all i was saying. sorry to come across as a spammer but as a business owner that carries these products i felt it necessary to take part in discussions about the reconditioned tools and read the opinions of the people that use them (myself included). i find it important to research products that i am interested in carrying before i take the plunge. excuse me for being thorough. i am also an advocate of informing someone that they have been misinformed.
        I see you haven't answered ProBrand's question about where you're obtaining your reconditioned product for resale.

Comment

I've never had too much trouble with Ridgid products in my career as a plumber dealing with plumbing related tools and equipment.

Of course, being in a Ridgid Forum I'm sure to hear of problems with products but that's par for the course but keep in mind that it's going to be specs of dirt in the paint of the big picture of how well they do their job. (Send free products to 259 Winding Lane Trail, Hogpath Kentucky 41048)

I'm the first to admit that I've ranted and raved to customer service of many brands about missing parts or defective product a lot of times, only to find out later that I personally made a mistake to which led to product failure.

We're all guilty of this at one time or another, it's accidental most times and all the facts are found out later.

If some products are continuously bad and keep the same way all along, it's done because the profit margins tell a totally different story as to whether there's a problem or not.

Personal Opinion or angered statements can twist the logic on what really happened issues and that's what all businesses have to deal with...

I'm sure refurbished products that never saw hard time in the work force were returned due to a simple loose wire inside the assembly........the product value never changed. I've burned up many products because of misuse, abusing the warranty privilege, shame on me. (Send company car and 700 threader to the above address)
          Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 05-03-2008, 07:32 PM.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Cummins changed their name to ToolsNow.com. Looks like they now carry Milwaukee reconditioned tools now. I don't remember them having them before.

Comment

Today on the HomeDepot.ca site under the hammer drop section the 4pc Ridgid 18vold set is on for $99 with the dual charger. It's the second time I have seen this set come for that price on the Hammer Drop if I am not mistaken, for the price I was thinking about picking one up. It claims a 1 year warranty and that the tools may show wear and are not in new condition.

Comment

It's a good deal, aside from the lack of being able to register it for the LLSA. Still, a great bargain.

Comment

it would not be in my best interest to disclose where i get ridgid reconditioned tools from, seeing as how anyone could get a vendors license and instantly become competition. cummins is no longer carrying them an i get them from the place that is now carrying them. i should have some of the recon tools on the site before the end of the weekend. check them out if you are interested, and don't if your not. i am trying to open an avenue of getting tools at a cheaper price to guys like yourselves that use them every day, but i get the sense that maybe this is not the venue to do so. i have been doing more reading and listening to peoples take on the recon stuff than taking part in the discussion. personally i have used some of the ridgid 18v recon tools and am very happy with them. but i have only had them for a month or two. i also have other brand tools that i have had for years and am happy with their reconditioned stuff also. i am a hvac technician by trade and now i manage a 2 branch hvac wholesale company and own and operate my own outdoor power and tools company with my wife and dad. i don't do too much installation anymore but i use the tools very regularly. its worth it to me.

Comment

I have been using a set of reconditioned 18 volt tools for over a year now almost daily and have had no problems with them. I buy a lot of the bigger tools like 12" compound slide miter saw and air nailers new for the warranty but for the tools you expect to have to replace after a while or want to when newer and lighter modles come out the reconditioned tools work fine.

Comment

http://www.cpoprotools.com/categorie...ned_tools.html
                      go here and you will see recon ridgid tools. I doubt they are selling them ilegally.

Comment

When I worked for a large manu. company we used the terms refurbished and reconditioned.
                        Refurbished meant that it was cleaned up, tested and minor repairs made.
                        Reconditioned meant that the unit was taken apart, bad or worn parts replaced and returned to like new condition. The full warranty was applied to the reonditioned units.
                        Don't know what these mean to ridgid.

Comment

This website offers RECON RIGID tools. Are these not reconditioned? Are they not authorized dealers to sell these as such?

http://www.cpoprotools.com/?ref=cpooutletRIDrecon

Comment

for the price of those reconditioned tools the savings do not look all that great for me to consider them for my wallet.
                            I would spend the extra and buy them new

Comment

Originally posted by stuart_canada View Post
                              for the price of those reconditioned tools the savings do not look all that great for me to consider them for my wallet.
                              I would spend the extra and buy them new
                              I agree. A 20% to 33% savings (from what tools I saw on there) are not worth it for me - the ineligibility for the LLSA completely negates that savings. I've seen HD here in Canada usually retail reconditioned and reman'd Ridgid tools for about 40% to 60% off - that's way more of a worthwhile price if you're going to sell me a tool that I only have a 1 year warranty for.

Comment

They are trying to sell a recon'd planer for $298 (USD). A brand new one can be had in HD for $299 CDN which is about $240 USD.
                                In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

Working...
                                X