X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosch 1584AVS speed control

I recently purchased a Bosch 1584AVSK jig saw, and I want to verify if the way the variable speed control works is normal. The speed increases smoothly between settings 1-4, but when I go from 5 to 6 (the highest setting), the speed jumps to high. Would someone who has the Bosch 1584 check the behavior of the speed control and let me know if theirs behaves the same way.

By the way, I really like the jig saw. I was waiting for the new 1589 to be released this year, but when I finally saw one at the woodworking show, I wasn't as impressed with it as I thought I would be. I tried the 1587, thinking I'd get that one. I didn't think I would like the barrel grip 1584, but when I tried it just to satisfy my curiosity, I was sold. I don't have large hands, so I thought the barrel grip would be hard to hold. I was wrong. I feel very comfortable with it, and I like the on/off switch on the side and the variable speed control on the back. It just feels like I have a lot more control with it than with the top handle model (1587 and 1589). Anyway, I like mine but just want to make sure there's nothing wrong with the speed control.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Rick
Working...
X